Rig of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig of choice?

What are you guys running? If you left on tour tomorrow, what would you bring? I'm still using my bone-stock Y2KV, KV2T, and will soon be adding a Adrian Smith San Dimas Dinky! Amps, I'm liking my Marshall 1987x more than the 2204's ... at least right now I am....

McD
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Honestly?

Since 02 it's been a Hamer Artist Korina HB into various amps. Love the Gibby scale without the LP weight. Bringing back the Fusion could change that perhaps....

My favorite amp is a Marshal JCM 900 from 89-90, with a PODxt and crybaby.
    I've been looking into one of those Egnater Rebel 20 heads into a 1960AV, but, don't want to drop the coin yet.
    Last edited by Flatpicker; 12-20-2008, 08:16 PM.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'd take my Red, White and Blue SD Pointies, Mesa Solo 50 Rectifier Head, Mesa 4x12, Digitech GSP1101 and my Zakk Wah.

Steve

Comment

87 Jackson super strat J-50's with mid boost,92 Jackson fusion H-H (import) 2 J-50's.
        Ampeg VL1002 half stack.
        Would have to drag the rack stuff and Jackson 4X12 cab as a back up.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
          and will soon be adding a Adrian Smith San Dimas Dinky!
          Isn't the Adrian Smith a strat? Or are you privvy to some super secret model that the rest of us can't get?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Isn't the Adrian Smith a strat? Or are you privvy to some super secret model that the rest of us can't get?
            I know a guy that works there, haha!

Comment

San Dimas Dinky... a little fatter than the Dinky we know and love...

Comment

my

- 94 KV Pro Strung with Black DR's
                - If I could use any amp... Probably a Marshall JVM 215C
                - an old ibanez analogue chorus
                - Crybaby Jimmy Wah
                - and a Line 6 loop station (I has all of the built in digital effects 1 could ever need).

Comment

I'd probably bring
                  "The Hand"

"Skully"

83 San Dimas

Model 2

Model 2M. (Yes, I know the Model 2M is not an actual model)

Amp-wise, I''d probably bring my rack rig... ADA MP-2, ADA Microtube 200, Alesis Q2, and a 4x12 Jackson cabinet. (which you can see behind most of the pictures)
                  Last edited by Tekky; 12-21-2008, 12:56 AM.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Guitarwise, assuming no security / paranoia factors:

GMW 'Adrian Smith' strat
                    Jackson quilt XTRR (ex Danny Spitz)
                    Jackson quilt XTRR
                    Charvel HRF custom

As for an amp, I only have one at the moment, so it'd be my Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo. Plus a pedal board with some boss stuff and a Dunlop Wah....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Amp-wise,,,a no-brainer. I'd take my Soldano SLO100 head and Marshall cab with Eminence legend speakers. I'd even keep my TC electronic Gmajor in the loop! Guitarwise, I'm never quite sure. I have an old ESP M-II that I bought new in the 90's and used extensively for most of my heavy gigging days. It feels like part of me. However, I also love my Ibanez Jems and Jackson SL2h just as much. And then there's my old Washburn N4. I'd probably have a combination of Jackson soloists, ESP m-II's, Ibanez Jems' , and a Washburn N4 thrown in for good measure. I'd keep my guitars at home, and have the record company buy me new versions of these guitars for touring. And it would be day to day,,,as far as which guitar I'd be using on stage for that particular night....cuz I feel at home equally with these four. Hey , this is make-believe right? Seriously, after years of buying and selling guitars, these are the four I feel most at home with.

Comment

well, my number one guitar is my holoflake soloist...bone stock.

for our dropped D songs, i currently use my CS charvel dinky....so it would go out with me for sure.

my back-up are my PC-1s. the solar is dropped D back up and the euphoria is the standard backup.

then my amp/backline rig is my trusty rivera rig that has been talked about so much...

if i were touring tomorrow, that's what i'd take. hahahaha, we just finished 20 something shows over the last 2 months and this is what i took!!! good times!!! though i HATE playing weeknights anymore - especially when they have to be round trip gigs because of the ole day job.....
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My Jackson Rhoads' without a doubt as well as my current favorite Soloist which is an SL2H in purpleburst equipped with Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton pups with the volume knob also wired as a push/pull coil tap, either my Bogner amp or Fractal Audio Axe Fx How many guitars am I allowed to take on tour? a couple or a bunch like the big boys? if I can take a bunch, I can tell you they would all be USA Jacksons and Charvels Right now I use a minimum of 4 just playing in a local band doing 80's covers. If I use the Axe-Fx then no other effects are needed as they're all onboard already. If I use the Bogner then probably my pedalboard with Eventide stomps and Clyde Deluxe Wah as well as Fulltone OCD would have to make the trip as well.
                          Last edited by roodyrocker; 12-20-2008, 10:16 PM.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Well like neilli said, provided there was no concerns

I would bring out my 92 Tribute Rhoads (with my RR3R as the backup for that) and my Jackson (coughstarscough) Semi-Custom as my go-to for drop tuning (and I'd have to pick up something as a backup for that, maybe a King V) I'd also have my two Charvel Model guitars there for some of the old thrash stuff my first band did.

Amp wise I really loved the sound of the Mesa Tripple Rec. break out my Weeping demon wah, my cry baby wah, and throw on a line 6 live on there for a few other fx i some times use and away you go.
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I need to get a PC1!

Comment

Working...
                              X