• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post

Is that some pr0n on your laptop???

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
      Is that some pr0n on your laptop???

my gal posing with 1 of my holoflash guitars.... but yes she is in the buff
      “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Depending on the size of the tour:

CT SoCal
        The War Angel
        The Halford Warrior for the D-tuned stuff
        at least 1 NASL (probably one of the Cherries, or the stopbar)
        CS SLS with the outline finlays
        My rack (stock ADA MP-1 and Digitech TSR-12 for effects plus a GSP21 with footcontroller for patch switching), Fender RocPro1000 head and Carvin VE212 cabinet.

If it was a local bar gig, then the only guitars I'd bring would be the 2 SoCals, but if I'm going big, I'm going big
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have to say for a road guitar. I can never go wrong with a off the rack Soloist. Never played a single Soloist that sucked ever.

I played some string thru Jacksons that were nice but some of them had issues staying in tune but a Soloist is the type of guitar you can buy and it will always sound great. Also if it gets stolen or you burn one on stage with lighter fluid it can be replaced.

You cant say that about Fenders or Gibsons. Go into any GC and watch the people pickup and shake Les Pauls to listen for wood chips floating around. These are not Epiphones these are the Gibsons that have these issues. You cant say that about Jackson.

Not to Hi-Jack the thread but since you are here McD I think you really need to check out my band. I think by adding us to your roster you will open Jackson to a wider audience. Here is a video we shot a little while ago.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This and this...

connected to these...

Running through this...

Reason: The non-trem guitar never go out of tune for me... ever... They are total workhorses. The Rig does exactly what I want when I want it too, eveything works together, It can model or go with the amp tone, It never gives me problems and I love the shit out of it...
            Last edited by nateb; 12-21-2008, 05:10 AM.
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              I played some string thru Jacksons that were nice but some of them had issues staying in tune ....

Attribute that to the D'Addario strings Jackson uses. I have never ever in my life had a set of those that stayed in tune. You will stretch them until the day they break. I've put EB SuperSlinkys on the same guitar with nothing different besides the strings and they stayed on and in tune until they were too crusty to play 2 months later.

Those phenolic resin and "bone" nuts aren't exactly the best either. Graphite nuts would be better, especially on a USA guitar.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'd take my trusty Jackson Fusion Plus, with my Model 4 with Duncans as backup. Run it through my pedalboard (containing Vox Wah, Bad Monkey, MI Audio Boost'n'Buff, Digitech Turbo Flange in front of the amp, Arion 7-band EQ for lead boost, Marshall SuperVibe, Ibanez DDL20 delay in the loop) into my JCM900 Dual Reverb.

Which is pretty much what I've been using out anyway
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, if I had to narrow the guitars down for the road, I'd probably bring the following:

- Charvel custom Dinky, sunburst flametop, H-S and Floyd
                  - Charvel custom strat, vintage flames, H-S and Floyd
                  - Jackson custom Kelly, trans plum quilt-top, H-H string-through
                  - Jackson PC1 purple daze

Those would be run with a Peavey JSX head through 4x12 slant cab with Celestion V30s, Boss GT-10, and a Boss graphic EQ (GE7) and noise suppressor (NS2) through the loop.

Sorry, no pics - mine pics are all down. F'n Roadrunner decided to unilaterally make everyone redo their homepages, and I haven't gotten to it yet.

McD - please post pics of the AS Dinky when you can. Sounds killer - would love to see it!

Comment

well, my current rig is

DK2M RGF w/ BKP CWP -> H.B.E Custom drive -> Laney LH50R -> 2x12 w/V30's
                    and i am VERY happy with the sound... though i'd like to make a couple of additions... some Lehle loopers and a high gain chain and a delay.. and a wah aaaand a flanger of some sort
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                      that '83 must be KILLER!
                      It is! It used to be owned by someone I think you might know.... Angus Clark from Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I bought it from him about 5 or 6 years ago.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

2 ampeg ss140c heads (1 for backup), 2 behringer v-ampire heads, 4 ampeg v4 4 x 12 cabs, 1 ips 33b, 1 eventide h3000. as for guitars?...my main 88 soloist and would have to buy a couple of charvel socals for dropped d and backups...but the soloist would be played 90% of the night as it always has been...d.m.
                        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'd bring both my Jackson Stars Rhoads... transgreen RR-J1B semicustom and stock transblack RR-J1B.

But if I owned a string-thru neck-thru King V (think standard KV2 but string-thru and jumbo frets), I would bring that one instead. *HINT HINT*

For amps I'd trust on my ENGL InVader through ENGL standard cab and also bring my Fireball for backup. Boss GT-10 for effects and my old GT-5 for backup.
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Plus my pedal board (Boss Digital Delay, Chorus, Flange, Fuzz, Acoustic Simulator, Tuner) and Crybaby

100 watt Fender Twin w/ Marshall 2x12 extension cab
                            "POOP"

Comment

RE: rubbers, LMAO!!!
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Hey, I've played your guitars... the question to you is would you play Last Child or not!

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                                2 ampeg ss140c heads (1 for backup), 2 behringer v-ampire heads, 4 ampeg v4 4 x 12 cabs, 1 ips 33b, 1 eventide h3000. as for guitars?...my main 88 soloist and would have to buy a couple of charvel socals for dropped d and backups...but the soloist would be played 90% of the night as it always has been...d.m.
                                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X