• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    1x15 cab
    Originally posted by phill_up View Post
    Is that a bass cab?
    I do actually own a 1x15" bass cab that I've played guitar through, but read carefully what I wrote.
    "If I were to play out, I'd use my Carvin V3 head into my Randall 2x12/1x15 cab with one of four guitars... Jackson Mark Morton, Les Paul Studio, '94 Hamer Special, '95 Hamer Special FM."

I said 2x12/1x15, which means the cab looks like a 4x12 but only has three speakers in it... two 12s and one 15, and they're all guitar speakers, not bass speakers. Randall has made a few of those cabinets over the years.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,
      What impedance does the 3 speaker cab test out at?
      (Speaker impedances and total cab impedance).

It must sound killer!

Comment

8 ohms. They're Eminence Legend speakers. I haven't opened it in awhile, but I think they're all 8-ohm speakers. And it does sound killer!
        From Randall's site...
        RS125CX 240 Watts RMS
        2 x 12" Eminence Legends®
        1 x 15" Eminence Legends®
        8 Ohm mono input
        3/4" Void Free birch Plywood
        33"H x 14"D x 29.9"W
        88 LBS

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
          Fender doesn't make a Charvel San Dimas. Charvel makes the Charvel San Dimas.
          Yeah I have been doing a lot of reading trying to get caught up on this stuff. What part of Charvel did Fender buy?
          http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
          http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

all of it, but they allow jackson/charvel to run under its own "company". fender is FMIC. jackson is JMIC or something like that. fender is just a parent company. kinda like GM to cadillac.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Joe that SOB has to have all the bottom end you would ever need. I would like to give one of those a try!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                all of it, but they allow jackson/charvel to run under its own "company". fender is FMIC. jackson is JMIC or something like that. fender is just a parent company. kinda like GM to cadillac.
                Very cool! Thank you Mark for the reply. I'm hoping to get to NAMM this year and try out the San Dimas models with the fender style headstocks! Those guitars look awesome and hopefully the necks are thinner than regular strats.
                http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
                http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                  Joe that SOB has to have all the bottom end you would ever need. I would like to give one of those a try!
                  Yeah, definitely gives some great bottom end. I got it off ebay for pretty cheap like a year or so ago.
                  They have/had another version with 12" Vintage 30 Celestions mixed with the 15" Eminence. I like the 12" Eminence speakers in mine just fine, though.

Comment

any good preamp distortion or reverb on that head? Looks like you have a pedal board barley showing on the left side of the pic

Comment

• The Carvin amp has three channels for killer clean and distortion tones, plenty of gain, but doesn't have reverb. I use the little Boss SE-50 on top of it for some reverb, chorus or delay on the clean channel.
                      The pedal board off to the left is pretty old and doesn't get used all that much any more. It has a couple wah pedals, a Dunlop Q-Zone (stationary wah pedal), a couple overdrives, a tuner, a noise supressor and a tremolo pedal, and I run it into a Tech 21 Trademark 300 head with my two vertical Jackson 2x12s. I've also got one of those little Crate Power Blocks on top of it. I used to have a bunch more effects pedals through the years, but they've been sold off. The Tech 21 head is great, but I just got the Carvin head a couple weeks ago and have been mainly using that.
                      I've also got a THD Univalve head in my living room that I sometimes use into a Mesa/Boogie 1x12 cab or into my 15" bass cab for playing my bass through, and I've also got a Marshall Valvestate 8240 stereo chorus 2x12 combo, as well as a compact Crate 4x12. I really need to sell half the crap I don't use as much. GAS sucks!

Comment

• i guess i'd take my kelly xlr and my jdr94. As for the amp, i'd take my 5150 and the mesa 4-12....maybe even the mesa 212 too. couple stompboxes and maybe my BV120 as a back up. not as extravagant as some of the stuff others have, but it works.

Comment

• My ideal gigging stock would comprise:

1xCharvel Model 3
                          1xCharvel DK2L
                          1xMarshall JCM-900 head with 2x10 and 4x12 cabs
                          1xDigitech GNX-1
                          plenty of spare GHS boomers
                          plenty of dunlop picks
                          plenty of Iced water (prefereably Brecon Carreg!)
                          Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Working...
                          X