balance problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balance problems

my ke3 has absolutely horrendous balance when i play standing up. maple neck, alder body, and it is so neck heavy i even tried putting in a half pound of lead weights in the electronics cavity to even it out, and not a scrap of difference. is there anyway to fix a balance problem without extensive routing, or should i just suck it up and live with it?

Get a wide fat strap.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Put a "buttplug" in it like The dude from Death Angel does to his Death Angels.
      Search for that thread on here if you dont know what I mean....

But yeah a Wide leather strap, or simple relocation of the strap buttond will do it most times.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Move the front strap button to the upper neck plate screw.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

thanks

Comment

[quote=metalchurch79;1184388]Put a "buttplug" in it
            Dude its a guitar:ROTF:not some bar whore you sure you do not know what you are talking about
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Damn those neck heavy kelly's!!

Comment

What is this forum coming to when we're talking about wide fat strap ons, buttplugs and bar whores?

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                  What is this forum coming to when we're talking about wide fat strap ons, buttplugs and bar whores?
                  :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:the real world goes j/cf
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                    The JCF membership, as well as most KEs, is/are extremely unbalanced!
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      The JCF membership, as well as most KEs, is/are extremely unbalanced!

Very unbalanced, that's why I joined. ...and don't get me wrong, all this sexy, dirty talk sounds like a good night out.

Comment

Relocate the forward strap pin from just above the neck plate to in front of or thru the neck plate. Works wonders.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Relocate the forward strap pin from just above the neck plate to in front of or thru the neck plate. Works wonders.
                          +1 I did that on my Explorer copy and it made it perfect.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

yeah i just did that, so now i can take out the half pound of lead i put in

Comment

Or, move the back strap button onto the top right hole on the trem cavity cover. THat's what I did, worked fine.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X