To be!!, or not to be!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be!!, or not to be!!

Well after Christmas/Sales/Working, I've pulled some funds in for some gear. After a 5150 I'm buying, I'll have about 400-450 USD left. So should I pull the trigger on a new Jackson/Charvel? Or wait and save up more? When I say a new Jackson/Charvel I mean a 80s, 90s guitar. I just got my Jackson Pro and really love it, and idk if a new guitar would really be worth it, although I'm gassing for new J/Cs anyways.
    Gear:
    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
    Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
    Ibanez RG320
    Ensanada Acoustic
    Peavey Bandit 112
    Soon to Be:
    Pedals!

Based on what you currently have, it seems to me that holding out for a higher-end `90s Pro or a USA would make more sense than buying another $500 model. If you can stretch your budget a couple hundred more and the economy stays the way it is, you might find some good opportunities in the near future. Don't get me wrong, current models like the DK2M and DKMG have some features that weren't available previously without modding, but an early `90s Pro with binding and real mother-of-pearl inlays would still be a significant improvement. I'd suggest watching eBay for a Dinky XL or Fusion XL if you like bolt-on necks, as they often can be found in your price range. A little more $$$ and you might find a Soloist Pro or Rhoads Pro.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah you're right I've been thinking about saving for a USA or saving even more and importing a Star. I just figure currently in highschool without a job, 400 bucks won't make a huge difference when I'm spending 3000+. But you gotta' start somewhere, right?
      Gear:
      Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
      Ibanez RG320
      Ensanada Acoustic
      Peavey Bandit 112
      Soon to Be:
      Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
        Yeah you're right I've been thinking about saving for a USA or saving even more and importing a Star. I just figure currently in highschool without a job, 400 bucks won't make a huge difference when I'm spending 3000+. But you gotta' start somewhere, right?
        You've already started. Head toward the top of the mountain! The view is better up there.
        The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

How much is the 5150, and can you get by with a smaller/less expensive amp (like a 2x12 combo)?

If so, put the extra onto a better-level Jackson or a new Charvel.

4x12s and heads look nice but aren't needed for most gigs.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just keep saving your bread young man. Think long and hard and do your research before you blow it. A smooth calculated gear move could put you at the "top of the mountain" like Disturbing Manor so truly says. Newc's advice is very true also.

Comment

why not save up for one of the new charvel production sereis?
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Buy a predator, then hit the strip club
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

That's another viable option! There's a couple on the Daddy's Junky music site cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    How much is the 5150, and can you get by with a smaller/less expensive amp (like a 2x12 combo)?

If so, put the extra onto a better-level Jackson or a new Charvel.

4x12s and heads look nice but aren't needed for most gigs.
                    Well it was a 5150 combo that was roughed up cosmetically for $400. Then the guy wouldn't answer my emails, totally dicked my over, and sold it else where. So I'm get a Carvin V3 soon and I'm saving the rest of my money left for those great deals that pop up now and then.
                    Gear:
                    Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                    Ibanez RG320
                    Ensanada Acoustic
                    Peavey Bandit 112
                    Soon to Be:
                    Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbing Manor View Post
                      You've already started. Head toward the top of the mountain! The view is better up there.
                      +1
                      198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                      1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                      2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                      2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                      2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Working...
                      X