Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI Mike Shannon worked for Ed Roman for a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
    Dan and I are subcontractors, even still, there are some lines we will not cross in respect to FMIC.
    like when they wanted you to re-issue the cock-dragon?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      I wonder if that would be more of a moral issue than a ethical one?

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        I wonder if that would be more of a moral issue than a ethical one?
        Neither. Ethics is reflected Morals. Cock dragons are a matter of taste and attitude. Personally, I would rather like to see a pink pussy flame top. But my better half says *no* and means it this time.

Comment

Okay, that was funny

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Didn't Ed have something to do with Class Axe? I thought Ken (WarriorX7) said he used to work there and Ed was in charge.
            That's what I thought. Ed used to run/own East Coast Musicmall, which as I recall owned or had some top-level stake in ClassAxe, which was wholly or jointly owned by Ed Roman.

At least that's what I got from Ken's comments.

And yes, someone on the old BC Rich forum (back in 2000 or so IIRC) ordered a BC Rich Custom Shop through E.R.. There was a problem with it when he received it and he contacted BC Rich about having it remedied. When he told them which shop he ordered it from, he was informed that Ed Roman was no longer an authorized Custom Shop for BCR, and that BC Rich did not have any record of that order or the guitar being built. Ergo, it was a fake. A $3000+ fake, I might add.

Yes it was USA-made, yes it was made the way the guy wanted, but it didn't have the warranty support of the company whose logo was on the head. That is part of the price of a Custom Shop order.

This was well-before Ed started his "fabulous fakes" thing. He represented himself as an authorized BC Rich Custom Shop dealer: i.e. that he could take orders for Custom Shop BC Riches. Someone else on the BCR forum had taken a tour of Ed's store and was shown the back room where they made guitars, and was told by Ed himself that's where the Customs that they took orders for were made.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              HAHAHHA...ya..something like that.
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

NO Ed never had any stake in class axe, like i said class axe was randy W & another guy whos name i dont remember, the shop was in NJ. class axe had no wood shop for the first 2 years so. during that time Ed may have been commissioned to build guitars for them but was never a BCRich owner or an authorized builder as far as i know. A few BCR collectors are still in touch with Randy, & he will tell u Ed had nothing to do with BCRich as a company. as for Bernie letting happen, he didnt want the class axe stuff back since class axe built guitars are NOT the same as preclass axe BCRichs in any way except basic shape. even the post class axe BCR 2nd Rico era are not the same as pre class axe guitars, even tho they were made at the same BCR south factory.

Comment

Randy Waltuch and Charles Stringer was Class Axe New Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by kizarney View Post
                    randy waltuch and charles stringer was class axe new jersey
                    thank you

Comment

He worked at the Fender Custom Shop, where they had a 401k and health benefits.
                      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                      X