jackson vs hex/gothic customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson vs hex/gothic customs

has anyone been able to compare these two companies? Ive got a jackson and im getting an amazing deal on a hex so I will be able to soon but I would like some other opinions

Re: jackson vs hex/gothic customs

Call me ignorant (or anything else you want to) but in all my years I've never even heard of hex/gothic customs. I've NEVER found a better playing, looking, or sounding guitar than a Jackson USA.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'm with Joe. You can't compare these little luthiers with Jackson. However, here is an interesting Hex vs. Ran Guitars thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=16;t=000358
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

so far my dealings with tommie(head of hex) have gone incredibly well, i can't say enough good things about this guy. The guitar im getting from him will be ready in a few days and then its headin up towards me so ill give a full comparison, can't really compare tone though, emg-81 vs a sh-4

Comment

racer x, have you played a hex? dont compare unless you have

Comment

on top of that, a lot more death metal guitarists are starting to use hex guitars, the guitar im getting is almost an exact replica of the guitar that was made for the guy from deicide

Comment

Originally posted by tyrant21:
              racer x, have you played a hex? dont compare unless you have
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have YOU? It sounds like you're already swinging from tommie's nuts, so go get your badass deicide hex guitar, and when you come back here, we'll know that whatever you say won't matter because you're already biased. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Whoo, that was harsh! Sorry, man, it seemed like you were attacking me. Well I checked the Hex website

http://www.gothiccustomguitars.com/gear.htm

and there a couple things I like right away:

-the credit pricing plan. A cool way to get sales from the younger musicians, and he seems upfront about it all.

-the Leviathan shape is interesting. It looks like a death metal band logo! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And a couple things, eh...

-Dude sure is wh*ring his T-shirts, huh? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                Actually that's good from a marketing standpoint.

-Innovative designs? Looks like variations of BC Richs.

-"eeeeeevil" model names [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                wooo, I got a Belial! Hey man check out my Penitrator! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Vengeance 666! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I just can't wait for the Asagthoth or the Baal!
                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by tyrant21:
                  the guitar im getting is almost an exact replica of the guitar that was made for the guy from deicide
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That'd be Eric Hoffman. What does it look like?

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Interesting concept with the variations of the V and BC Rich models (like Racer X mentioned).
                    I'd be in "pointy" hell with all those sharp tips to ding, though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Pointy hell would be a cool place to reside! Count me in!
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Another good source for guitars like that would be the Moser Custom Shop. Neal Moser will build you anything you can imagine, and he's got some wild designs coming up for the pointy-guitar-minded hehehe.

Comment

the guitar is a custom made v for him(eric).

im not trying to praise tommie unfairly but when i bought my jackson i didnt get a chance to get on msn and talk about the guitar, or just guitars in general. for 650 bucks im getting:
                          custom v shape guitar
                          custom glowing cross inlays
                          emg 81
                          mahogany body
                          glowing bevels
                          lots of other details i cant remember, think it has a floyd though

oh, and about the biased view, i absolutely love my jackson, ive never played a guitar so nice, and frankly, i dont expect the hex to be as good, but it is costing me less then half the price of my jackson and i saw the deal and had to jump on it. when it gets here, which will hopefully not be too long, ill make sure to get pictures of both the guitars up and ill give an honest review.

Comment

This still scares the hell outta me:
                            http://www.guitarsite.com/database/M...ssages/1.shtml

I've got it on pretty good authority that the Hex guitars are nothing more than carvin neck through blanks with pointy bodies attached to the sides. So, I guess that if the raw carvin necks play well, a hex guitar would.

Comment

Those are some wild looking guitars! I tend to shy away from the outlandishly shaped guitars (like BC Rich), I'm a fan of the super-strat style body like the Soloist or Carvin's DC.

I would be interested in hearing how this thing plays and sounds though because since he is a custom shop he could do a nice super-strat type thing at a reasonable price.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X