Fallen Weary of My Jackson?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen Weary of My Jackson?!

I know! This is crazy. I've always been a Jackson enthusiast through and throughout, but recently I've been playing my buddy's Warmoth (Stratocaster Neck) and I'm just in love with this fucking guitar. The sound, The Attack, The Neck, everything! I've been playing this way more than my professional (my main guitar). The only thing that is killing it for me is that the strat doesn't have 24 frets. Anyone else go through a phase like this?
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

nope, never. I'm sure others have but when I first plugged in my U.S.A. KE-2 it was done. It had everything I was lookin for.

Is it the neck that you like the most? because you can just order your own warmoth with the same specs or make it 24 and put it on a jackson body.
    My Childrens
    -------------
    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
    Lefty RR1T trans black
    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

If it's the neck then give a try to a new Charvel sanDimas
      Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
      Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
      Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

yeah, all the time. it's why my collection is so diverse. i go through phases. i usually end up playing my jackson's live, but i dick around with many other types of guitars in practice. i, personally, have found that i LOVE using fender strats (i only need 22 frets) but i haven't gotten around to modding or building one with a floyd and all that crap. plus, to me then it's not really a strat anymore. closest i have come to having a useable "stage" strat is by throwing a lil '59 in the bridge. it kills, but....

so yeah, i know what you mean.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I bought a guitar a few years ago to part out and make a few bucks. It had a strat neck and I kept the guitar because the neck was so nice. i changed the neck to a jackson and was going to sell that neck to pay for the new one. Instead of selling it I build another guitar. We all have our moments of strat weakness.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. A lot of people have fallen victims to strats!

It kills me that it doesn't have 24 frets though, and I'll always love my Jacksons... I'd probably get a Ibanez (24 frets, maple, mediocre neck) if the didn't have shit for tone.

One can dream .
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

If you want something with a maple neck, 24 frets and killer tone, get a beat up old Ibanez RG550, put an Evo or BKP Painkiller in the bridge and an air Norton in the neck and you'll have an amazing guitar. The neck isnt mediocre though. The wizard neck is probably the best neck ever made. For shredding anyway. Plus the edge trem is unbeatable.

Dont even know why I sold mine. I'll get another though.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

look at the HM strat from the 80's or the Jackson PC model.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I go through things like that almost every time I got to see a band that has a good guitar player.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                    an air Norton in the neck
                    SSHHHH!!!

Don't mention the pickup position begining with either an "N" or "R" to him... he doesn't like those
                    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      look at the HM strat from the 80's or the Jackson PC model.
                      +1 HM strats are killer. Wish I had kept mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                        I know! This is crazy. I've always been a Jackson enthusiast through and throughout, but recently I've been playing my buddy's Warmoth (Stratocaster Neck) and I'm just in love with this fucking guitar. The sound, The Attack, The Neck, everything! I've been playing this way more than my professional (my main guitar). The only thing that is killing it for me is that the strat doesn't have 24 frets. Anyone else go through a phase like this?
                        I have. I changed my pickups, picks and string brands. Sometimes you need to experiment a bit to tailor a guitar to your own taste.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I go through this stuff all the time. Until this past weekend, both my Jacksons had been in their cases for months while I've been focusing on my Heritage Les Paul and a couple of SGs. I dusted off my Soloist Pro this weekend, and it was nice to crank it up again. My advice based on hard experience--don't go selling off your beloved old guitars just because of a phase like this. You'll regret it.

Comment

My buddy went through something like this, he totally needed to have a real strat (his very first guitar was a strat copy)... he just couldn't get it out of his head, so he bought a Fender strat. And liked it.

Then later he bought a Charvel 475 Deluxe and found out that it did the strat tone better than his Fender strat... and the Charvel also had all the goodies like floyd and stuff, so he sold the Fender. And that's it.
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

yeah, but sometimes NOTHING feels or sounds better than a strat.

as far as 24 frets vs. 22 frets vs. 21 frets....i just adapt my style to the guitar i am playing. i always find it SOOOOO hard to believe that people on here have a fit about 1 or 2 frets - if the guitar is cool and it plays well, just work around it. i do.....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X