Fallen Weary of My Jackson?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    yeah, but sometimes NOTHING feels or sounds better than a strat.

as far as 24 frets vs. 22 frets vs. 21 frets....i just adapt my style to the guitar i am playing. i always find it SOOOOO hard to believe that people on here have a fit about 1 or 2 frets - if the guitar is cool and it plays well, just work around it. i do.....

Well (I don't want to sound arrogant), but I'm more of a lead guy, and sometimes harmonies end up being higher up and sometimes I'd like to hit certain notes without having to bend to them to get a certain sound.. Everyone has some good advice though.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
      yeah, but sometimes NOTHING feels or sounds better than a strat.
      please elaborate.
      198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
      1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
      2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
      2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
      2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

I'm on a personal mission to have one of each of everything.
        Well, that's what my wife tells me.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Today I go home see my new(tome) 88-89 fender MIJ strat. hehe!

Comment

I have a Tele, which is ok for a fixed bridge axe, but I don't like strats. I've played many strats and "super strats" and none have as yet compared to my Charvel Model 3. Maybe I'm biased
            Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Just consider them different tools for different jobs. I bought a G&L tele that I love for more mellow or 70's rock playing, but it's not really suited for heavy stuff. As long as it's not an issue of keeping only one of them, then there's no problem. When it comes to guitars, more is better. I think that's a rule somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
                ... When it comes to guitars, more is better. I think that's a rule somewhere.
                If it's not - it should be! I need to get a biiger place if I'm going to ensure I don't break the rules :ROTF:
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Hmm. I went through a similar phase years ago. I turned to old SD Charvels and NEVER looked back (I still have the Jacksons, but they dont get played).

Some of the newer chavrel stuff which has come out of fender is close to the originals (I have a couple) and are worth looking at, especially if you are on a budget.

Play before you buy, if you get a good one, you will not be disappointed.

I would also recomend a checking out a used GMW if the price is right. Killer custom charvel-type guitars without the $2K plus pricing.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                    I'm on a personal mission to have one of each of everything.
                    Well, that's what my wife tells me.
                    My problem is that my wife already thinks I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X