Help with finding a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding a guitar

What I am after is a superstrat style, obviously Charvel and Jackson are my faves, that has a rosewood/ebody fretboard, white, natural or not garish colour, strat style or close headstock, pickguard optional, HS (ideal) or HSS pickup config and a floyd, original, schaller or decent licensed one.

Do you know how difficult it is to find one of these? I've been trying for ages.

I'm down to:

Washburn 61, heard bad things about this guitar but good price to mess with the specs.

BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade, maple board, red guitar and metal headtock but nice config and specs.

The Gunslinger Power model is nice with rosewood neck but is HH config, which I don't like at all.

Washburn N2, quite nice had one before but HH config and pretty bad specs, cheap though and has coil split.

George Lynch ESP LTD Serpent, quite nice, but umm.......

Fender Strat with Floyd, pretty good, but the floyd is not floating!!!!!!!!

A Charvel production model, maple board and HH, so not really a goer!

Finally the Adrian Smith Ebody model, an almost perfect guitar but £2k - £3k, no chance.

Any close suggestions I have missed or something else you know of VERY welcome guys.

Thanks,
    tim

PS - no pointy headstocks please! lol

there are definately options.

you could do a charvel socal and swap the pickguard for a hum single, but its still a maple fretboard.

troll ebay for fender strats with floyds that pull up. i had one from the early 90's.

what about one of those new greg howe guitars... i forget the name of the company thats making them.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

looked on Laguna, its either HH or maple! DARN IT!!

Comment

How about a Charvel San Dimas reissue? If you don't mind the pointy headstock, you can find them on Ebay all the time with rosewood, an OFR, different pickup configs and different colors (white, ferrari red and candy blue are popular). The price for those are pretty reasonable too.

The other option are the import Charvels (standard and model A). They seem to pop up on Ebay frequently too.

Comment

Isn't a Jackson PC-1 HSS?
          Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Originally posted by scott.court View Post
            Isn't a Jackson PC-1 HSS?
            Yep, but they have Maple boards.
            -Rick

Comment

Dude.... just go Custom Shop..... Make it exactly the way you want it. Jackson or Charvel will work.
              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Yep, but they have Maple boards.
                :think:Nut's I forgot that part
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

you want my model 6?
                  198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                  1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                  2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                  2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                  2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                  2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                  2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Working...
                  X