No announcement yet.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think model three's lack sustain....have a good old L.A sound....and really most jackson guitars old or new have better sustain....but the newer ones neck are not as thin........fender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Hmmm seems I poked a hornets nest here! REgarding finding cheaper Jackson/Charvels on E-Bay, that is indeed true, but being a left hooker, I find it hard to locate decent ones, plus I like to try before I part with cold hard cash! This is why I'll buy my guitars from a store, and suffer the limited availability in exchange for pi**ing the store manager of by cranking up a top quality axe through his loudest amp!
      Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Scott, I have some killer guitars that I bought without playing them 1st. If you get a good enough deal you wont have to worry about being stuck with a guitar you don't like and there have been some deals on eBay lately that has blown a bunch of us away.

Comment

I'll defiantely bear that in mind. Browsing through the forums I am beginning to realise that unless you're REALLY unlucky, there's no such thing asa bad Charvel!
          Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Well, at least that's been the case for us right-handers
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

save some cash and get a U.S.A. Being a lefty as well I know that you can save a ton of money just waiting for a great left handed guitar to appear. Welcome to the forum.
              My Childrens
              -------------
              Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
              Lefty RR1T trans black
              Lefty Sl2HT trans black
              Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

There was a nice navy camo single hum soloist (89 i think) that went on ebay UK for about 700 ish recently.. so anything is possible.. Other than that, keep your eyes peeled for a cheap model 2.. try limiting your ebay search to within driving distance as a starter so you can go and have a quick look..

Comment

Originally posted by salmonella View Post
                  There was a nice navy camo single hum soloist (89 i think) that went on ebay UK for about 700 ish recently.. so anything is possible.. Other than that, keep your eyes peeled for a cheap model 2.. try limiting your ebay search to within driving distance as a starter so you can go and have a quick look..
                  ARGH! £400 is my limit dude! I have a new baby on way so in all honesty I should really just look at gettting my Model 3 fixed up for £100 unless I wanna find myself single!

Comment

Working...
                  X