Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the USA Jackson Kelly KE2 neck profile the same as the SL1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the USA Jackson Kelly KE2 neck profile the same as the SL1?

Hey guys, im new here, i usually post on harmony central under the same moniker. Im looking for a USA Jackson and i fell in love with the SL1 a while ago and i have just revived my GAS on sunday. I may have found a KE2 at a great price, so i was wondering if they will play the same, or at least similarly?

any help would be appreciated

James

Re: Is the USA Jackson Kelly KE2 neck profile the same as the SL1?

I believe the kellys are thinner/faster necks.

Comment

There is a slight difference. Yes, the Kelly will feel slightly slimmer in profile than the Soloist. But it is not drastic. In fact, all of the USA Production Jacksons are very similar in neck profile. But the Soloists and Kellys are nearly identical...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have also been under the impression that the Kelly and the Soloist neck are virtually identical. In fact if you look at an older catalog, the Kelly and the Soloist have the same neck dimensions. There will be however some minor discrepancies because these are made in the custom shop and not on a big production line.

Comment

Ditto, Lordofgain got it exactly right. They should be the same but there are production tollerence differences. I find the newer custom shop neck-thru's to have slightly thicker necks than the late 80's/early 90's guitars.

The KV-2 is supposed to have a thinner neck but I can't tell that my 2000 KV-2's neck is any thinner than any newer Soloist or Kelly.

Comment

The 01' KV that I had was definately thinner than either my 01' SL2H or my 02' SL1. The KV also has those funky medium tall frets.

Comment

AgentOrange, you know what's really annoying?!? The fact that you posted this question in the USA section of this board, also. And you also did it in the other thread you posted about helping to make up your mind about a Soloist. You only need to post something once, and it will be seen and eventually replied to. Jeez, have some board etiquette! [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X