Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    Its official. Autographs are now Gay.

Gee thanks Toejam. now my brand new CS soloist with Grover Jackson's autograph on the back trem cover plate is gay. so if I get a new cover plate does that make the guitar un-gay?
    I'd like to propose the following short list of "Guitar Autographs that are Recognized by the JCF as Not Being Gay":
    • Grover Jackson
    • Wayne Charvel
    • Mike Shannon
    • Andy LaRocque*
    • Mike Learn
    • Dan Lawrence

Comments?

* Hey, so I'm a KD fanboi, just thought I'd try to slip that one in there!

Comment

I have a USA Jackson trem cover that has been autographed by Grover Jackson, Wayne Charvel, Mike Shannon, Tim Wilson, and Dan Lawrence. I guess I have the holy grail of "gay" autographed guitardom
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde06 View Post
        I know my post is about to add zero value to the thread....but when I was in Vegas, I passed by a shop in the Basement of Bally's/Paris, and inside was full of cheap Squires signed by just about everyone. Ozzy, The Who, Metallica, fuck...there was one signed by Britney Spears....and they were all at minimum $2,000.
        +1
        In December, I was in another Vegas store between Luxor and MB that sold stuff like this. Same deal - cheap, crappy $75 guitars with autographs in glass cases and a photo. All were at least $2000

Comment

Well, I have a Jackson Fusion USA with a graphic of a bikini clad chick "pleasuring" herself on the front of the guitar, and the back of the guitar is signed by Ozzy, Geezer Butler, and Randy Castillo.

Is that Gay or Cool???
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            roodyrocker is correct. Sorry, Joe, it's not about the autograph being cool or not, it's about instructions to a tech that were ignored. No one in any business should insult the customer whether it is a good instrument or not. That's not the issue.
            +1

Amazing one had to get to page 2 to get almost past the the bulk of the nonsense.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I've got one signed by Joan Jett that I won at an auction for Habitat for Humanity. She signed it with me standing next to her in her dressing room. I think that one is pretty cool.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Well, I have a Jackson Fusion USA with a graphic of a bikini clad chick "pleasuring" herself on the front of the guitar, and the back of the guitar is signed by Ozzy, Geezer Butler, and Randy Castillo.

Is that Gay or Cool???
                Definitely not "gay", but without large pics posted, it will be temporarily held in the "mmmmmyyyyeaaah riiiiiight" category.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Definitely not "gay", but without large pics posted, it will be temporarily held in the "mmmmmyyyyeaaah riiiiiight" category.
                  I will get some for you.

I just oiled that neck tonight, so its all masked up (cuz I am a sloppy worker) and drying. I am going to give it a few coats in the next few days, but I will get a pic for you.

Comment

The auto may be cool to you personally and add value, but in most cases, it will probably hurt resale, or severely limit the potential buyers.

Plus the authenticity issue will come up.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      Good call. I would say if you are still determined to let some rocker scribble all over your USA Jackson, GET A PHOTO OF HIM/HER IN THE PROCESS OF SIGNING IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                        The auto may be cool to you personally and add value, but in most cases, it will probably hurt resale, or severely limit the potential buyers.

I could care less about what people think about its value or authenticity. I will never sell the guitar. so it dont matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Good call. I would say if you are still determined to let some rocker scribble all over your USA Jackson, GET A PHOTO OF HIM/HER IN THE PROCESS OF SIGNING IT!!!
                          I wasnt there when they signed it.

I bought the guitar from a very good friend of mine that met them backstage after a concert. he brought the guitar in to have them sign it. he later was getting divorced from his wife, and needed cash, so he sold the guitar to me.

the autographs dont mean much to me, they are fine there, they dont bother me, but they dont mean the guitar is any better either.

Comment

the autographs dont mean much to me, they are fine there, they dont bother me, but they dont mean the guitar is any better either.
                            That's cool, but since the question of value came up I thought it worth mentioning.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelChris View Post
                                I am glad you gave (Your) opinion but I was asking what should I do about what happened to my guitar. You know deep down autographs from famous guitar players are not gay.That would be like saying EVH's autograph devalues the guitar.
                                YEA RIGHT!!!
                                I've gotta agree with Toejam. Here's why I agree that it devalues the guitar...

If you value that autograph, you'd pretty much do whatever you can to avoid decimating the autograph. (except in this case) Some would go as far as not playing the guitar. Having a guitar that you wouldn't play, play out, or baby too much, pretty much defeats the purpose of having a guitar like the 550XL in the first place. (they're workhorse guitars, not collectors items) If you're just an autograph hound, get yourself a scrapbook or do what I do, have him sign the J-cards in his CDs.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X