Non recessed floyds models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non recessed floyds models?

I'm trying to find which guitar I really need to start digging for, and I definitely want a non-recessed floyd with a back route for pulling up.

Which J/C guitars had this?

From memory, and I may be wrong here as well, I can only think of model series and predator/3dr. I'm not even positive if these have the back routes, seems like I've seen some with and others without, but I'm really not that good at this game.

So what others am I missing?

Thanks
    Last edited by thebigz; 01-11-2009, 01:37 AM.

3dr has it but the predator is recessed.

Comment

Charvel 650XL, possibly also 550XL. Early examples of 750XL had it too, but they skipped the pull-up route on the 750 after a while - they probably thought it marred the look of the archtop(?).

These are the only ones I can think of right away. None of the model series came with pull-up routes as far as I know, and all the import Jacksons and bolt-on toothpaste Charvies went to full recess right away...I think?
      Last edited by Sunbane; 01-11-2009, 02:41 AM.

Comment

What's the advantage in having a non-recessed Floyd?
        Scott

Comment

If you want to have USA Jacksons, then all floyded Jacksons until 1990 were 100% non-recessed floyds. Years 1989-1990 were non-recessed floyd + pull-up route.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            What's the advantage in having a non-recessed Floyd?
            They feel more like a TOM bridge.

Thanks for the info. If anyone else can point me towards others you know of, that'll be great!

Comment

I had a '90 Jackson Fusion with a full recess rout so at least all 90's were not a partial rout.

Comment

My 89 SD plated dinky(Nagel) has the up pull route.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X