Found this at GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this at GC

So I was working in Richmond this week and, rather than spend all my downtime in a hotel room, I decided to go check the local GC out. As usual, they didn't have alot of Jacksons and no Charvels at all, but as I was getting ready to leave, I caught a glimps of a reverse headstock in the corner. When I walked closer I noticed Made in USA on the head. Now I'm really interested.

The tage they had on it said "Jackson soloist 7.0" which made me really curious because I'd never heard of 7.0 much less a bolt on soloist so I made mental note of the serial number and all the particulars I could to research later. From what I can gather from the serial number and catalog scans is that it's a 97 DR2. It looks to be in pretty good shape. It needs a good setup (The floyd is set back a little too far) and I'm not real big on black guitars but the price seems pretty good at 449.00 One of the customers I talked to there said they'd had it in there for quite awhile so mable they'll come off the price a bit...

Does anyone have any opinions on this model? If it's still there when I go back in a couple of weeks I may end up grabbing it up.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

$450 for a made in USA Jackson? can you go back and get it tomorrow? Black guitars sell in a hurry. I'm assuming it has the OFR?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
      $450 for a made in USA Jackson? can you go back and get it tomorrow? Black guitars sell in a hurry. I'm assuming it has the OFR?

Actually, if it is a DR2, which I'm pretty sure it is, according to the catalog scan it's got a JT580LP. No biggie on that. It looks pretty cool though with an ebony board and no inlays.

Comment

I think they had ash bodies too, didn't they? I've messed around with a few of them, and they're very nice fiddles.

Comment

That would be a decent price for that guitar. I'd go for it. Replace the bridge with an OFR and you'd have a first-rate axe. I'd drive down there and nab it myself, but I'm pretty much out of space for more guitars, and my wife is pretty much out of patience.

Comment

Yeah that was part of the USA-made "2" run - SL2, RR2, DR2, JZB2 - USA-made with import hardware.

I had a DR2 at one time. Nice axe, and $450 is definitely a good price.

You could probably get that for the neck on Ebay.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
              That would be a decent price for that guitar. I'd go for it. Replace the bridge with an OFR and you'd have a first-rate axe. I'd drive down there and nab it myself, but I'm pretty much out of space for more guitars, and my wife is pretty much out of patience.
              Well, I'm glad you have too many then because I've just about talked myself into it. I don't mind the 580LP much, I have one on my DK2 and it.. well... ok, but I would rather have an OFR and since I hate chrome hardware, it'll be a great excuse to change it out for a black OFR and Tuners. Wonder how that would look with a black body, ebony fretboard w/no inlay and black hardware... I think I'll call it........ THE SHADOW!! HUWAHAHAHAHA!!! But I am getting ahead of myself...

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Yeah that was part of the USA-made "2" run - SL2, RR2, DR2, JZB2 - USA-made with import hardware.

I had a DR2 at one time. Nice axe, and $450 is definitely a good price.

You could probably get that for the neck on Ebay.
              Yeah but why cannibalize a good guitar? Just not my thing. I like it, I think the knob/swtch setup is kinda cool with the switch sitting in between the volume and tone knobs..
              Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 01-16-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X