Kelly/Telecaster monster mock-up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly/Telecaster monster mock-up??

Who made that crazy Kelly mock-up with a Tele-style pickguard and pickups?? I've been looking through the Custom Shop Generator thread and search for it but can't seem to find it.

Lately I've been feeling like I need to add a single-coil guitar sound to my collection, but I've never felt comfortable with a Strat, and never really played a Tele.

But since I love the Kelly body shape I thought I might approach the luthier who made my last custom Kelly to create such a monster.

Anyone got a link to the pic? Much appreciated.

I didn't make it, but I saved it:

Gotta do that as a Custom Shop one day, just to be an ass
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hah, thanks dude! That's awesome.

Comment

I have singles in my Kelly, and despite the protests of some purists, it sounds awesome.........

Comment

The Kellycaster!!!
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
            I have singles in my Kelly, and despite the protests of some purists, it sounds awesome.........
            Awesome, care to share some pics?

If I can dig up the money, I may just have to make the Kellecaster happen!

Comment

Its actually S/S/H. If you get three singles, make sure you get mini switches or have it wired to keep at least 2 coils on at all times, even a dummy coil. You'd be amazed how well single coils handle distortion when its working in tandem with another single coil.............

Comment

While I love Charvels, and I love Telecasterrs, that does nothing for me lol.... for some reason I just can't see past the reverse tele headstock... that's so wrong! You have to do it though!
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

...only $7500 from your friendly custom shop folks...
                  198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                  1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                  2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                  2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                  2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                  2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                  2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
                    Take off the last zero and you have a deal
                    Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
                      If your thinking is limited only to neckthrough and "big name dealers" like DCGL or MF, then yeah. If you wake up to the reality of bolt-on and a smaller dealer who doesn't have to pay a ton of employees and a fortune in rent in a high-dollar neighborhood, your price should be around $3000.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

not my price, friend.
                        198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                        1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                        2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                        2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                        2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                        2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                        2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          If your thinking is limited only to neckthrough and "big name dealers" like DCGL or MF, then yeah. If you wake up to the reality of bolt-on and a smaller dealer who doesn't have to pay a ton of employees and a fortune in rent in a high-dollar neighborhood, your price should be around $3000.
                          Especially for this concept, I'd really like it to be as "Tele/Strat-in-pointy-clothing" as possible, so a bolt-neck is a must. Thinking of extending it further to something like a Nashville Tele so it has 3 singles for more versatility.

Then, I wake up to the reality that ordering a custom Jackson from NZ would be financially soul destroying, and then get it from the local luthier for less!

Comment

Working...
                          X