What is your #1 and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your #1 and why?

It's a bit of a given that many of not all of us here have multiple guitars, mainly Charvel/Jackson and many times more than one of the same model (ie. Kelly's, PC1's etc)

What is your #1 and why especially if you own more than a few of the same axe?

What makes this the "one" and does that title tend to stay with that axe or are you one to go through phases with your collection.

As always post some pics too please!

i mainly play my WRMG over my JSRR. I like the balance of the Warrior better.

Comment

My #1 is a Jackson Kelly(ke-2)trans black. WHY ? Because it's the epitome of kick ass guitars, the feel of the neck, the sound of the pup's - the whole package. I also have 7 other kellys, but this is my #1.The floyd is awesome, I can work it to the level of lifting the guitar 90 degrees from my body and it still stays in tune - truly a workhorse.
      In the pic below, you'll see my #2(also a Jackson kelly(ke-1)Hanging above my amp and next to a sg standard(drop d)). These guitars I keep in standard tuning(many of my others are tuned differently).

Last edited by Jayster; 01-16-2009, 09:38 PM.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

This one. Why? It's been with me for over 20 years, I custom ordered it (it cost a huge amount of money and when it arrived I wrote out the biggest cheque I ever had done, a record which stood until I bought a house) and waited 6 months for it, it does everything I need a guitar to do and I'll probably be buried with it.

Comment

Nice to see you Jayster

My #1 of 3 predators, and several guitars:

In a word: Mojo
          In more than a word: Minimal input, maximum output... makes me sound better/play better than I really know I can... just an awesome guitar, and I'm hooked for life.

Cool switching that allows any tone I hear in my head to come out, and only 5 positions (not multiple switches requiring up/down/up, oh, shit, I meant down/up/up)

Well, that's as honest as I can be, and in as few words as possible.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

My 2001 GMW. It's just perfect for me as an allrounder, with a perfect neck for my hands. It has multiple pickups, so can cover all stuff I throw at it, and a non-floating Floyd so tuning is quick and easy. If I'm having a 'bad playing' day, this guitar usually solves it. If not, time to turn off and go do something else cos it just ain't happening for me that day.

Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

that one always makes me feel funny in my "danger zone"
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Somehow I knew you'd be back Jay.

My #1 Jackson is my only Jackson.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

#1 = Predator

The neck feels like it was made for me, the simplicity of just a volume knob lets me focus on my playing, I dig reverse headstocks, and don't forget the awesome fire crackle.

Scott

Comment

Mine?

My 4 digit serial number (Custom Shop LOL!) PC1.

Has a way thick neck far thicker than my other two older PC1's. Matter of fact it is still far thicker than my two Mates Strat headstock PC1's.

It is the ultimate package for me. The finest bolt on guitar made hands down!

The pups, hardware and Floyd are the best there is-no compromise.

The sustainer is so integral to my playing and actually made me a better player by allowing me to slow down my phrasing and allow my solos to "breathe" if you will.

Notes do literally sustain forever and that makes for tastier playing in my book.

Naturally it always puts a huge smile on my face and just feels right. Like those old Levi's 501's that just "fit you like a glove"

Some 25 years ago I was a goofy short immigrant kid living in a WASP small town with a funny accent and even funnier clothes. My life changed forever with some obscure album called Pyromania released by some British band who's name escapes me now! LOL!

I took up the guitar and it gave me pride, inner peace, introduced me to a new and better circle of friends, allowed me to meet Phil many, many times and above all brought me joy in times of hardships.

My PC1 is so much more than just another guitar!

Last edited by vklobucar; 01-16-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Everyone knows mine. Probably sick of my bandwidth killing pick too.

But here she is!
                      My wife got it for me for Christmas. I've wanted one since the first day they came out, but I could never justify spending the money.
                      Boy was I surprised!!!

-Rick

Comment

"My wife got it for me for Christmas"

That is a really awesome gift given that I am sure more than a few of us get alot of flack from our girlfriends/wives in regards to buying gear.

That is no doubt one special lady Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                          Nice to see you Jayster
                          Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                          Somehow I knew you'd be back Jay.
                          Thanks guys .........

For some reason I've been gassing for a PC1 in chlorine. I've never tried the sustainer, I think that would be pretty cool tho.
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Well, this is the Jackson/Charvel section, so I will have to say the Jackson PC1 for reasons stated above so well. It doesn't matter what color or year it's in, they are all great.

Hey Viktor are you calling us Texan's having a funny accent?
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                              That is no doubt one special lady Rick!
                              It's not the first and certainly not the last guitar she has surprised me with.
                              She's a keeper for sure.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X