NAMM for the rest of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM for the rest of us...

Went to L.A. Vintage Guitar Show (in OC). Here's some pics of the FOUR Jacksons that I saw. No Charvels (one bass, actually.)

http://s555.photobucket.com/albums/j...ts_not_butter/
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

There are some ignorant people out there that's for sure.
    Those prices are laughable as usual.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

do they take blood in kind for these?
      198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
      1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
      2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
      2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
      2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
      2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

1999 30th Anniversary? Anniversary of what?

- E>
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

AlexL, it looks like it might be one of those Guitar Center Anniversary models. Although I think GC started in early 60s?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Its a nice looking guitar tho wish i had it in my collection.

Comment

Thanks for the pics!! I will be going to the Vintage guitar show in Orlando in two weeks. I have been going for 7 years now. Its quite amusing - the same dealers and equipment. The prices and attitudes have both gone up exponentially. I remember when I first started going, the dealers couldn't give away 70's 3 bolt neck Fender Strats, now the supposed instability of the 3 bolt neck is not an issue and the prices are around $8,000!!!! Oh yeah, and in all 7 years I have seen probably 4 Jacksons.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                AlexL, it looks like it might be one of those Guitar Center Anniversary models. Although I think GC started in early 60s?
                Ah. Thanks Ron.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                  1999 30th Anniversary? Anniversary of what?

- E>

says '94 not '99...

i damn near chocked on my pick when i saw those prices

Comment

That makes more sense, 1964 is the base year for the Anniversary models. Why, I don't know, because GC founder Wayne Mitchell didn't change the name of his store to Guitar Center until '68 or '69. 1964 was the year however that he changed it to The Vox Center.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I would have laughed right in front of them! And you would think that
                      they could use som Mequires car polish to take 3/4's of those deep
                      scratches out of the clear coat for $7500.00! Must be frustrating
                      to lug around all that gear, and sell NOTHING.

Comment

In the last 10-15 years, I have noticed that "shows" for all types of things have gone this way. Basic greed is the big motivator. The only exception I have seen is Lionel Trains, which have lost popularty with younger people to the point that only old guys really buy/collect them any more. As a result, the prices have really "leveled" out and even dropped. Not to say that the collectable stuff is cheap, but the prices are less than they were 15-20 years ago from what I can see, but I digress.

Really want to piss someone off, ask if the price is "real". Then tell him you have one to sell and will he pay you 1/2 of his own asking price for it so he can "cash in". Never fails.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yeah, I wondered why the two Kellys were priced so high; just because the guy in Rough Cutt played them? Rough Cutt?
                          8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
                          X