Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the Classifieds section not sort by date as default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the Classifieds section not sort by date as default?

I tried with several browsers, but when I come to this site via bookmark I go to the Classified section and it never sorts by newest for some reason like it used to. I have to manually click "DATE" every time I go to that section and it will sort it "newest first" but it never remembers this setting. I'm actually at a loss as to what order it is sorting the listings as it doesn't appear to be alphabetical order either. What gives?

So you cant "bump" up your classified ad. It sorts in the order they were posted in and thats it.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

That's not entirely true. I see it does bump up the thread due to following posts. Althought there is no rhyme or reason unless you click "DATE"

Comment

I understand people bumping their posts is a pain, but the new setup is annoying....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Right Neilli, people that bump their threads often would be a problem. Why can't people just do it responsibly? I just bumped a post from October, so you can't blame me for being one of the habitual users that bump their own threads.

Comment

When people bump a thread up, it only shows on the main page. When you enter the Classifieds, you won't see it as the first post; it'll be on whatever page it left off at. You'd have to ask Jeremy as to why it is that way now.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe that is true to an extent but click the DATE heading in the classifieds section and it DOES sort the listings according to most recent post even if it was a listing like mine that was from October. Maybe I shouldn't have said that as I am glad I found a way that does what I want but I am kind of pissed they messed with it in the first place. Never did I think paying for a membership would I still find faults when there were none when it was free.

Comment

Is it that difficult to click on one of the headings to sort it how you wish? It's done this way to be fair to the people who do not wish to allow reply to their posts. If they locked their threads, it would be off the first page in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
                  Is it that difficult to click on one of the headings to sort it how you wish? It's done this way to be fair to the people who do not wish to allow reply to their posts. If they locked their threads, it would be off the first page in an hour.
                  And I still wonder why people have a problem with people responding to their threads. I never never understood this. To me people that are selling something would be encouraged to have people asking questions and I prefer an open discussion and have learned a lot gleaned from others querstions that I would have never noticed had everything been routed to PMs only like it once was.

Comment

Working...
                  X