Think Im gonna get a caparison or CS Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Im gonna get a caparison or CS Jackson

Yea I decided to stop the madness and just take the plunge . I always wanted a really nice axe and I almost went with the pc1 but the neck is too fat for me. So Im either going to try an horus or go custom shop Jackson. I just want a pc1 with a thinner neck though ,hate to spend all that extra just to thin out the wood. Was on the caparison board and they love their stuff. A lot of players were former Jackson and Ibanez players so we are in the same league (well I am) . So just thinking out loud here trying to make a decision. Like the 24,75 scale on the horus but I think I would miss Jackson. Been playing them for about 7 years now. Well what do you guys think? Going horus cause its different and a little cheaper then a new pc1 anyway. But the pc1 is so purty . Think they will ever make a pc1 with a thin neck? Ah im so confused!!!

Get a PC1 then get a pro to sand the neck down to your liking. Makes more sense than paying extra $ to the CS IMO.
    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Or just keep a look out for a Fusion either USA or PRO . Or if you can live a 25.5 scale guitar a DK1 (twin hum) has a nice thin neck on it .
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Get a 2-hum or H-S-H PC1 Custom with inlays, no Sustainer (and therefore no hideously large back routing), and a KV or Soloist neck profile. That's enough changes to justify the cost IMO.

Or get it with the standard setup but as neckthrough with a thinner neck profile.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Go with the Jackson, youll get more for your money and a better resale value.
          THE ABSENCE- "Enemy Unbound" in stores Summer 2010!
          THE ABSENCE- "Riders Of The Plague" in stores world-wide!
          THE ABSENCE- "From Your Grave" in stores world-wide!

Comment

ihave27frets ,im surprised by your answer. Dont you have like 7 caparisons? Are you sayin that Jacksons are better? If so then Ill def. go with some sort of CS Jackson. Maybe Im just believing all the hype about these eh?

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
              ihave27frets ,im surprised by your answer. Dont you have like 7 caparisons? Are you sayin that Jacksons are better? If so then Ill def. go with some sort of CS Jackson. Maybe Im just believing all the hype about these eh?
              Ive had about 20 of them, various models. My old 94 kelly pro smokes almost all of them. Easily.

Comment

wow ok I guess you answered it for me bro. Thanks Ill be looking at CS prices now .Cool I guess its all hype . Thanks

Comment

wow ok I guess you answered it for me bro. Thanks Ill be looking at CS prices now .Cool I guess its all hype . Thanks
                  Dont get me wrong dude, their great guitars but no different really than early 90s japanese jackson as far as playability and tone, just a steeper US price now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by ihave27frets View Post
                    Dont get me wrong dude, their great guitars but no different really than early 90s japanese jackson as far as playability and tone, just a steeper US price now a days.
                    Which is the reason primarily why I now have two Japanese Fusions and the Horus is long gone (along with an original TAT and Dellinger). I'll back Pete up by saying they are great players and well put together but for me I was still going back to my £170 old Fusion.
                    Last edited by Confessor Townsend; 01-27-2009, 11:50 AM. Reason: For bid spolling :)

Comment

Go for a Fusion. Great guitars.

Comment

Spec out a CS Fusion.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

All hype is a bit harsh. I will admit the Caparisons are quite pricey, as they sit somewhere between high-end production guitars and expensive smaller builders in price, but they do try to build a quality product.

I was in Japan in 2004 and wanted to see if Caparison's lived up to their reputation. I was basically looking at the Horus style for the extra frets and H/S layout. I tried out a Horus and thought it was OK, but I didn't quote gel with it. I also found the sponge paint job looks cheap to me. I went to a different store and tried out an AppleHorn Aurora. The neck was perfect for me and I dug the sparkly finish. I wrapped it up and the guitar survived the plane flight home. After a pro-setup, the action was great, so I'm quite happy with the guitar. Is it the end-all of super-strats? Absolutely not. Is it a blast for me to play? Absolutely.

The question of the hour is would I recommend buying one based on positive word on the internet? That's a tough call. My Caparison is great and has a personality all its own, but I think some of the "hype" is from people that feel they have a guitar that is difficult to get, so they feel they have something special. The build quality is very good, but there are a ton of guitars these days that fall into that catagory.

Comment

In todays economy... go clean USED! Ive seen a mint Coparison go
                            for $1700.00 ! CS Jackson/Charvels, for $2K.. Why order new?
                            Save 50% and buy from another first time owner who babied it..

Comment

Caparison are also made by former Jackson workers from the old Japanese factory.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X