Thanx!
    Pat

Comment

Re: More Jackson Wallpapers!!!

No problem man. I'm glad you like it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

dude YOU RULE

Thanks a lot for all your lovely wallpapers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeh man, very cool indeed! too bad you're not a network admin, I'd fly you in and put you to work! I started this company with design and development, even had some of my work published in the Dreamweaver 3 Bible Gold Edition, by Joseph Lowery. But man, it's been so long since I got to enjoy that aspect, I wouldn't even know where to start with Photoshop, [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Anything more than cropping some images and basic stuff, I'm pretty lost these days, oh well, maybe some time I'll get back into it.

Thanx again!
          Pat

Comment

Thanks guys. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Strangletooth, Photoshop isn't that hard really. I learned going to tutorial sites and stuff (spoono.com, wastedyouth.org) and then I started messing with it and thats how I learned. Its not that complicated, you should give it a try, you can do sh!tloads of stuff with that program. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Trust me Bro, I've been using PS since VS4, I "used" to know it in and out, but it's been sooo long, it'd take me a long time to produce anything decent short of dropping a plug on a layer or something. I used to be "the sh!t" with Photoshop, but I've had my head so far into the network stuff, it;s just consumed all of my time. Last couple os site's I've done were www.florsheim.com and www.rshockey.com.

Thanx again bro! Keep up the good work!

Pat

Comment

Awesome. How did you do to make a website for them? I mean, if someone would want me to make a website and pay me I could once again own a Jackson,hehe, since all I have right now are like $300+ it's not enough for an USA Jackson. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I'm trying to get a summer job to see if I can get money for a USA, but I think it would be virtually impossible, hehe.

Comment

Actually, they came to us from word of mouth, so we actually did that site twice, once when Florsheim owned it and the second time when they were bought out by Waco. Anyway, that was a great gig and a lot of money to boot. I'm gald this came out, cause I just thought of something about that deal, thanx!

Anyway, just offer to do some sites for free, get your work out there, build a portfolio and all of the sudden you'll be slammed, if you're good at development. I would concentrate the back end of things, dynamic content apps, etc. Take a look at some of the Macromedia products for that, Dreamweaver MX, Cold Fusion MX. Trust me bro, you get "good" with either of those programs, you'll do fine in that arena, you've already got a grasp of "what looks good" and design concept, so I'd focus on the mechanics of things. Keep in mind tho, you seem young, and what appeals to you, may not to others, especially a company that needs to have a professional image on line, they won't want a black site, so...

Anyway, shoot me over a resume and if we get any more design contracts, I'll keep you in mind as I surely don't have time to develop anymore...

Thanx!
                  Pat

Comment

Well...I don't really have a resume or anything, hehe. I've done some sites in the past, and I *think* I still have some screenshots of them in my HD. One time I made this website for this dude (J.R. Goldman), he was the one who teached head and munky from KoRn to play guitar, and we had a deal that I would make him a website and he would paid me, so I made that mofo a website and he didn't pay me [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] , so I didn't gave him the template or anything.Right now I have a template on my PC of a site I made and never used. A brother of a friend of mine tells me he will give me like $50 bucks for it..So I'll see what I'll do.

Comment

Don't EVER sell yourself short man.... EVER...

$50? Doesn't sound like much to me... As far as people not paying for work, that sucks and I hear it all the time as we mainly cater to developers out there and they to have issues like that. It's a tough call, but hard to do anything about it, now if it were the band Korn, you'd be sitting in a good position for sure, but... I don't ever release any files of any sort until the contract is paid in full, and even then, a lot of developers out there will retain the copyright and ownership of any files they've produced unless it's written in the contract otherwise...

Food for thought!

Pat

Comment

Yeah, but since I don't have any money I gotta take what comes around. Heres a screenshot of the layout that he wants to pay $50 for it....
                        Dead Bodies Screenshot

Let me see if I find the website I made for him....

Comment

Very nice man! Again, that's a lot more than $50 IMO, but like I said earlier, you have to make sacrifices in order to get off the ground!

Nice job tho!

Got yer IM as well, unfortunately, I just sold that SL2 to a local bud of mine, sorry about that!

Comment

Thanks man. I just want to get money for a jackson, no matter what it takes, heh. I used to have a DXMG but I wrecked my parents car and had to sell the guitar to buy some parts. Now I'm trying to see how I can get money to buy a KV4 that this guy sells me.

Comment

Hehe. Actually I just made those wallpapers for everyone in here. I don't sell them or anything like that. And thanks man, your site has really great pics which I can really use for people requesting WP. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X