No announcement yet.

Century Media Records and my band Body of Scars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my 3 in today, and they sent me a free CD - Strapping Young Lad's "The New Black". These guys any good?

Anyhoo, I gave my brother a CD and he's going to make a "snippet" disc for the manager of the local Hastings book/CD shop so she can see about carrying the disc - maybe get it on the store stereo.

I told him NOT to make full-on copies - you guys need SALES to go on tour, and had the Myspace/street team thing going on already, so free CDs all around would not help. He understands, and said he'll only do the "sampler" thing - bits and pieces to get the hooks in their mouths so they'll rush to the site and buy

Anything else I can do to help? I've got some of those do-it-yourself business cards - I could maybe print the band logo and Myspace/contact info and litter the floor at WalMart with them
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Got my 3 in today, and they sent me a free CD - Strapping Young Lad's "The New Black". These guys any good?

Anyhoo, I gave my brother a CD and he's going to make a "snippet" disc for the manager of the local Hastings book/CD shop so she can see about carrying the disc - maybe get it on the store stereo.

I told him NOT to make full-on copies - you guys need SALES to go on tour, and had the Myspace/street team thing going on already, so free CDs all around would not help. He understands, and said he'll only do the "sampler" thing - bits and pieces to get the hooks in their mouths so they'll rush to the site and buy

Anything else I can do to help? I've got some of those do-it-yourself business cards - I could maybe print the band logo and Myspace/contact info and litter the floor at WalMart with them
      wow newc, that's awesome, thank you very much for the help, support and spreading the word!!!!!!!

it's in Century Media's court now on what they do with us..

thanks again guys!!!!!!
      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Cool RD - I'm good for 1, just got it. I sincerely hope this works out for you guys, and I also believe every single person who reads this thread wishes you guy the best of luck.

By the way - Randy, if you guys come to Atlanta - I want a guitar solo on the "hello kitty"

EDIT: If you guys come to Atlanta, I'll do my best to round up both Alvin Wilson and Axewielder to go with me - cause I'll need a designated driver.
        Last edited by Jayster; 02-06-2009, 11:38 PM.
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

wow... that sold out quick!!

thanks for all the support guys!!!!!!!!!!

very much appreciated!!!

Comment

WOOHOO!

Lemme know if you're going to be in or near Memphis - might be able to catch a show
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              WOOHOO!

Lemme know if you're going to be in or near Memphis - might be able to catch a show
              you got it.

Comment

Working...
              X