Tell me about XTRR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about XTRR's

How many were built? What years? Were they only in black?
    I love admins!

Not sure how many were built.
    There other colors than Black available.

I did some research on here a while back, and I found alot of threads about these. not sure if you searched yet, but more than likely all of your questions will be answered.
    If not then I'm positive that somone here will help you better than I can.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

they are smaller than a regular rhoads. the little anthrax guy played them because regular rhoads' made him look like a midget.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        they are smaller than a regular rhoads. the little anthrax guy played them because regular rhoads' made him look like a midget.
        He still looked like a midget with the XTRR, just had a matching midget guitar.

I always thought he should have done one with Oompa-Loompa's
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have been told there were around 100, maybe 120 production XTRRs made. From what I recall, they were available in 2000 and 2001.
          The majority seem to be black, but there are other production finishes out there, including:
          - Blue Ghost Flame
          - Black Ghost Flame
          - White with black bevels
          - Black with white bevels
          - Black cherry
          - Orange Bengal
          That's all I can think of right now...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            Actually, Danny's were known as a Dinky Rhoads and were made long before the production XTRR. His had standard headstock and reverse sharkfins. The XTRR was reverse headstock as well as the fins. They were slightly off size-wise, too.

Here's the Blue Ghost Flames XTRR I almost bought off ebay some years back. I still kick myself for not getting it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The rev stock is what i like about them! Love to see a Blackcherry one!!
              I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                The rev stock is what i like about them! Love to see a Blackcherry one!!
                Dave (Sevser) has the Black Cherry production prototype. If he ever gets rid of it, I've got first dibs!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not all XTRR's had reverse headstocks. Here is my polka dot one, I believe Hippietim had its twin and I'm not sure if he sold it or still has it. I have posted mine before in other threads.

Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Absolutely. But all production XTRRs did have reverse heads. And floyds. 2 hums. Reverse inlays etc... Anyway, here's my 5. Well, I've sold one of these now, but they were all mine

And here's some from back in the UK. Still have all but the same one that was sold in the pic above:
                    Last edited by neilli; 02-04-2009, 10:17 PM.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I built an XTRR clone from a KVX10 body this past fall, eventually I'll make one with string thru and sharkfins. It's a bolt on, but I'm ok with it. It has a different balance point than my King V's and my KNE Rhoads body, but it's not too awful and liveable.
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

You built that? cool!
                        i'm trying to biuld an xtrr myself, and i need help in wiring the pickup
                        [single pickup guitar, like yours!]
                        can you show me the diagram on how you wired it? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X