the number of the beast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the number of the beast?

dinky came in today; sort of a weird deal - wrong delivery address; left on my doorstep. now i think that i know what a nervous breakdown must feel like, as i sped across town in rush-hour traffic.

i said a little prayer on my way down the expressway, and come to find an eerie serial number on it...
    198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
    1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
    2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
    2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
    2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
    2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Well, it's not QUITE right, but cool as hell nonetheless!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Last edited by drixll; 02-05-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I find the fact it's a sig model for a guy in a band that has "Number of the Beast" as an album title highly amusing.
        "Dear Dr. Bill,
        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

This photo cannot be viewed because it has either been deleted or marked as private by the user.

care to upload it to imageshack or something like it?

and yeah.. quite funny.
          wrong delivery adress? LEFT ON THE DOORSTEP???
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I ordered an Xbox hard drive and they left in plain view on my step. Obviously not as big as yours but still, you'd think they would get you to pick it up. It was about -30C the day they left that on my step. I was lucky it worked.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Those question marks in your sig are gonna bug me. I used to be the King Of Dating Charvels & Jacksons by Serial Number... need to find my old charts.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                This photo cannot be viewed because it has either been deleted or marked as private by the user. care to upload it to imageshack or something like it?
                can you see it now?

and yeah.. quite funny.
                i didn't even look at the tag before i took it off and put it in the case, and i had to look twice the first time i saw it!

wrong delivery adress? LEFT ON THE DOORSTEP???
                yeah; talk about a panic attack... the ups truck is usually at the office when i get there, so i've buddied up with the driver so that he remembers me by name and face. no dice. i check on the ups site and it's still 'in transit'. no worries; looking forward to its arrival, and chomping at the bit.

tick tock tick tock tick tock; 4:30 comes and the ups truck drives past the office - i see it go by, and check the ups website again. "we are unable to process your request at this time". i go over to the hard rock desk and the girls up front say that they saw him just drive past too, and he didn't stop for them either.

i check the ups website again - "we are unable to process your request at this time." now i'm getting nervous, so i call ups and i'm on hold for a very tenuous 15 minutes; it's about 4:55 now, and i'm getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

the woman finally comes to the line and confirms my tracking number and says that they've delivered my package. at this point, i see a shower of red speckles and try to ask where the package was delivered. she can tell that i'm distressed, and tries to gently tell me that it has been delivered to my home address, the billing address on my account.

in full panic mode, i run out of the office and jump in the truck and try to turn a 20 minute ride into 10, getting home in about 15 to find my new dinky sitting behind my city issued, roll-out trash container.

i don't have any children of my own, so for those of you who do - should my child ever come up missing, should i expect a similar sensation?
                Last edited by drixll; 02-06-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

left at the trash cans no less?

H-O-L-Y FUCK

i'd probably crap myself, then find the guy and put HIM into the trash can.. geeez. don't you have to sign for your packages?
                  oh and i know the feeling of red specles .. not pleasant

and no, cant see the pic..

still a very cool serial number
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

My DKMGT is 9666921.
                    No horror stories on the delivery though.
                    Glad it worked out ok!

Comment

Working...
                    X