No announcement yet.

Tell me the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember the exact amount anymore (drugs) but I paid around $1k (Canadian) new for my model 5. It felt kind of wierd paying so much for a Japanese guitar when new Les Pauls were selling for around $750 at the time. Remember this was pre-Slash and hair metal heydays so the LP was at a low point popularity wise. Anyways, there was one shop that carried the Jacksons in town and they started at $2k and up so the Model 5 was as close to a soloist as I could afford.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
      google jackson dinky std pro,hit the first link to audiozone scroll down and there will be a price list! 90-95.go to the top find the link to charvels and you will find they also have a price list.
      That's completely irrelevant to the Charvel Model Series, which was produced between 1986-88. The prices I saw were in 1986. There's a scan of the '87 price list on audiozone, which shows both Model 5 and 6 listing for under $1,000, which was higher than they would have actually been marked in the stores.

It's also irrelevant because I was comparing the Models to the USA Soloist, not the Soloist Pro, which is what you're referring to on that '90-95 price list. There was a gap of a few hundred dollars between the Charvel 650xl and the Soloist Pro, and the Soloist Pro and the USA Soloist.

The prices on the Model Series appear to have increased significantly between '86 and '88.

Geez, how did this thread get so far off course?

Bottom line, if the original poster likes his Model Series guitars well enough, it's probably not worth it to sell off a bunch of stuff to buy a Soloist.

Comment

yeah my model 6 was around $700 NEW with HSC, this was in 88 i remember because the model 88 bolton was $50 more, IIRC the 5A wasnt that much less than the model 6. but i wasnted sharkies & binding.

Comment

Working...
        X