My double neck project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My double neck project.

Ok so i started a double neck Charvel project not long ago.
    Well the necks are done just thinking of what fret dots to use on the rosewood fretboards.
    And well the body is shaped out and sanded but i'm up to routing out the
    pickup holes and i still haven't decided on what configuration i'm going to use.
    It will be two 6 string necks this time.
    The plan for the top neck is to use a LR Baggs Piezo bridge with a humbucker in the bridge position and a single coil in the neck position(angled or traditional?)
    Bottom neck bridge will be a floyd rose with D tuna and i'm thinking of going triple humbuckers.
    Top neck possibly seymour duncan
    Bottom neck possibly Dimarzio.

So let me know what you think of my pick up and bridge selection and tell me your suggestions or ideas.

I have no colour choosen for the body,headstock or the hardware.
    If i use the piezo bridge i'll have to go with either chrome or gold as thats all it's available in.

I'll post some pics soon.

Colour i can do are:
    Solids + (metallics,pearls)
    Candys
    Flakes
    Crackles
    Eerie dess swirls. choice of 8 colours

Does anyone have anything to say?

Comment

Hi newbie?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Fret dots?

Comment

Has anyone ever done a double neck that's like half Les Paul and half Strat? That would be pretty cool.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Anyone have any other suggestions

Comment

How about top neck is a strat head and the top of a strat body with a Charvel logo and the bottom half is a pointy with a dinky bottom half of a body and a Jackson logo - its like a time machine double neck - start off with classic rock on the top neck and then some death metal (melodic or norwegian) on the bottom neck.

\m/
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Personally I always wanted to do a KV doubleneck both 6 string fixed bridge with the top neck 25.5 scale for Eb & drop Db tuning and the bottom neck a 27 scale for the real deep A & B tunings.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I've often thought about a bass on bottom, 6 string guitar on top.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Takamine ......oooo no a Gibson Dove acoustic for the top and a Jackson Death Angel for the bottom (complete with the Halford dress up kit from Newc).

Now THAT would be one helluva gitar!!!!
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Do a crackle

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        I've often thought about a bass on bottom, 6 string guitar on top.
                        How bout the one Washburn with a 12 string guitar, 6 string guitar, 4 string bass, 5 string bass, and another 6 string I think...? :P

Comment

How about
                          WarPig____________________________________________
                          "Live every day as if it were your last...
                          ...one day it will be."

Comment

Working...
                          X