First post in a while... good to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post in a while... good to be back

This is my first post in quite some time..thought I'd re-introduce myself.

A lot has changed since my last post sometime in June.

After getting some things in order including finishing my degree, starting a new job and welcoming our first baby in December, things are finally starting to settle in.

An old guitar-playing buddy contacted me recently. He and his gf moved near us. He and I will be writing and playing together for the next few months. Our goal is to eventually start playing live again.

My goal is to re-build my guitar/amp rig in the next year or two. I'm currently down to a POD 2.0, two powered monitors, and a Yamaha somethingorother guitar with Carvin pickups.

I cut my guitar playing teeth on Jacksons. I miss mine USA's terribly. I hope to own one again sooner than later.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Welcome back!

Comment

Yes, welcome back indeed.
      Good luck with your projects... stay in touch and post some clips as things develop.
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Welcome Back!
        Since having my first child, five years ago (oh boy, time goes by so fast...), i've done more things, musically speaking, than i though i was capable of...
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Welcome back
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Welcome back and congrats on your accomplishments. That's quite a bit in about half a year!
            Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Welcome back - but I've always wondered... when you stop playing - why sell off or get rid of your gear? I mean, I've stopped playing for 6-12 months here and there, but I would never consider getting rid of my stuff. Yet, a lot of guys have the same story. What's up with that?
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

welcome back....
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Hey, Zak. Nice to see you around again.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Good to see you. Welcome back!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome back. I don't think I've seen you post. I started posting at the end of June last year so that might be why.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Good to see you back here! I guess we've stayed in touch enough that I knew what became of you, but it's not healthy to stay away from the forum for too long.

I still have that Washburn if you ever want to borrow it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back!
                          I bet you'll soon get a Jackson again...
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I hope to be playing a Jackson soon enough. Probably won't happen for a year or so unless I get a huge raise or my daughter's tears cure cancer or something. I've been thinking about picking up a mid-range import or something but frankly I'd rather save to buy another USA Jackson... or maybe a neat Charvel?

We will be working on material starting tomorrow and for the next several months. I'll program drum tracks with Rhytmm Rascal and we will record with his Mac-based setup.. Can't remember what program he uses but it is actually pretty nice. Once we get guitars and drums tracked he and I will write bass lines. Our goal is roughly one song/month. I'll post updates from time to time. We're both pretty excited. Anyone who is a fan of Living Sacrifice or Tourniquet should enjoy it.

Grand Turk- You pose a very good question. My wife asked me the same thing during and shortly after the time in which I sold everything.

It felt like the right thing to do. I was not playing in a band anymore and had no use for a loud tube rig of metal death. Plus I felt guilty for spending so much time and money on gear and playing music. We were expecting and I was starting a new job. Had to take some time off to get things in order. I figured if the stuff is sitting there and I can make $$$ off of it, why not sell it? I knew the medical bills would start rolling in soon too.

Also I knew it would be a while before I played live again. If I start playing live again, which I guarantee won't happen for at least 6 months, I will hopefully borrow a rig... or run my POD through the pa . I need a cab and either a tube amp or a POD XT PRO and a Carvin TS100 with a footswitch. I figure I can get a new amp set-up for under a grand if I shop for good deals. Everything will unfold as it should.

I wish I wouldn't have sold my Parker though.. could have hung on to that. Of course I wish I wouldnt have sold my SLS to buy a Parker.. but that is another story.

And thanks for the congrats on the baby. She is so very much fun. Even when she screams and cries for hours after I get home from a long day at work. I bet I could crash the JCF server posting pics of her as there are so many of them..I'll post three instead!

Last edited by Thor Von Clemson; 02-20-2009, 08:55 PM.
                            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

That's a baby all right. They are incredible creatures. I like that middle pic, she's like WTH?

Oh, yeah, WB.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X