Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson sellers in NY

Hey all,
    Im going to manhattan for the weekend this friday.
    Definitely going down West 48th street (guitar row).
    My question is if anyone knows if there is a shop there where Im more likely to find good used gear. Theres a Sam Ash and a GC but I dont usually like going in those. Just didnt know if there was a place with used stuff that specialized in Charvels or Jacksons.
    Thanks for any help,
    Weez

Sam Ash on 48th St usually has a selection of Jacksons - nothing to write home about... they usually have a PC1, some import RRs neck through and bolt-on. Last I was there, they had all three Warren Charvels.

Check across the street at Manny's for Charvel Pro Mods.

Guitar Center on 14th St usually has a bunch of imports... maybe a USA Soloist every once in a while.

Short of that, no one really "specializes."
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

the Music Zoo in little neck...outside of manhattan but well worth the trip ...

Comment

I was at the Guitar Center on 14th St. a few weeks ago and they have a US SL2H in Metallic Black there. Its towards the back and way up on the rack.

Sam Ash on 48th St. has a really nice Charvel Warren DeMartini model as well.

Comment

How about Guitar Asylum?

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
            the Music Zoo in little neck...outside of manhattan but well worth the trip ...
            +1

I was just there last week. Probably the best selection you'll get in nyc, though it's not in Manhattan. If you go, be aware that they have a ton of stuff not on display... Just ask the folks... Hope you can check it out.

-Kenn

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, just got back this morning.
              Not a whole lot as far as Jacksons/Charvels, Went to Mannys, Rudys, Sam Ash , GC and a mom n pop i dont remember the name of. Saw a Dk2 Pile Of Skulls that looked like a 3rd grader did the airbrushing on for way too much used. Seems like everyone down there is selling vintage Gibsons or Fenders. I did hear from the guys at Mannys that they are closing for good in May. I did pick up a Platinum 650xl when I got home though. (will post pics in a different thread)
              Last edited by Weezil; 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezil View Post
                Saw a Dk2 Pile Of Skulls that looked like a 3rd grader did the airbrushing on for way too much used.
                Yeah, Manny's has had that up on the wall for ages.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                X