Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And... the SITREP

Hell, while I'm here.... here's what's happening at Jackson HQ:

The 2003 (or, 2003.5) Catalog is just about done - I proofed it this afternoon, and it looked unbelievable. There's some really cool things happening in the catalog. The guitars look great, it's big, cool pics from the custom shop...

Two versions of one of the new US model was in the Scottsdale today. Sorry - no pics/details YET! I can say that this guitar is going to KILL!

Remember when I asked you guys "what do you want to see Jackson do?" Well, I took a look at my list of what I thought we should do, took a look at your list and designed a Custom for the Nashville NAMM show...

I'm trying to come up with something for the website - something for news, etc. You know, Fender has 60 Cycle Hum... what should we have for Jackson? If you have a good name/idea - let me know! If I use it, I'll send you something from out online store (shirt, pint glass, zippo, etc...)

I hand delivered Kevin Bond of Superjoint Ritual his Custom SJRKB1 (Superjoint Ritual Kevin Bond 1) and it was HARD to let that f**ker go! Check them out on tour and be prepared for PAIN! There was a near riot at the Mesa show.

Here's the best pic I could find:
    http://www.cosselphotography.com/sjr/sjrdetroit6.jpg

Phil Collen dropped by the office to discuss the PC1's. He's a really cool guy, and he's excited about continuing to work with Jackson. We've got some cool finishes we're going to try and introduce in the near future ... got ideas?

We also recently built two 7 string SLAT's for Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory - I only got to see the pictures, but I know he was floored when he picked 'em up!

We're also building Custom guitars for Eric Hoffman from Deicide, Ben Moody from Evanescence, Derrick Green from Sepultura, Chad Ginsburg from CKY, Chris Elsten from Autumn's End, Mike Halland from Crushed ... there's more, but I'm at home, it's Friday, and my mind is shot!

Anyway, best wishes to all of you guys!

Later,
    McD
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Re: And... the SITREP

hey brian! thanks for the updates! please try to stop by more often, mmmmkay?

hey, is there any plans on makin the randy rhoads "original sin" ad into a poster? i'd personally love one...

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I can't wait to see what the "mistery guitar" is going to be. Also what the catalogue is going to look like. Thanks for the news dude. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the update, McD [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for a snazzy name for the Jackson News section:

-Evolution of the Soul

-Made In USA

-by Jackson/Charvel

That SJR KB1 sounds cool - is it a Rhoads? Can't see the body in the pic.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hey, now that i think of it, why not "the original sin?"

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
            We also recently built two 7 string SLAT's for Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory - I only got to see the pictures, but I know he was floored when he picked 'em up!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] 7-string SLAT! Now that's cool!!! I thought Christian played bass, though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dude, where've ya been? Like Sully said, stop by more often. Thx for that update. Like you, I just got outta work, its friday and I don't wanna do anything but play my guitar right now. I'm sure the rest of the guys here will pick up my slack in giving some ideas tonight. All of this sounds awsome. I was planning on attending the Summer NAMM show, but I can't seem to find anyone who has a ticket to sell. My store already gave em out I guess and I was left out. If anyone can hook me up, please drop me a line @ [email protected]. After hearing this news, I'm even more hyped to check out the Jackson booth

Comment

Thanks so much for the update, and what an update it was! I'm so looking forward to Summmer NAMM now!

Newc, I think that it is a Rhoads, but I'm not at all sure.

As for the name... hmmm

I dunno, I can't think of any at the moment. I'll try and think of some later. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn! Landed guitars for Fear Factory, Sepultura & Superjoint Ritual? Not too shabby! That should draw some attention away from those other guitar makers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sully, I really like your "Original Sin" idea. Maybe because I've been listening the arse off the Corey Glover song of the same name lately [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

New US model [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Can't wait to see that

Comment

Yeah, it's basically a RR1T, with pentagram inlays, Superjoint logo, 1 HUM (Iommi), and the neck is spec'd to match my '67 V.

Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Great to hear from you, McD!

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey Newc, here's a better shot of the guitar:

http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/.../sjr/sjr14.jpg

Originally posted by Newc:
                          Thanks for the update, McD [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for a snazzy name for the Jackson News section:

-Evolution of the Soul

-Made In USA

-by Jackson/Charvel

Newc
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

McD said:
                            We've got some cool finishes we're going to try and introduce in the near future ... got ideas?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Call me crazy, but I've been jonesin' for an orange guitar lately. I'm thinking creamsicle, but hopefully that'll pass. ...Then again, maybe I just have a craving for ice cream. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And some old-style graphics, like vintage tiger stripes, ala my old SD Charvel:

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cha...strat-tony.jpg

And how about some 'burst finishes w/out the yellow in the middle? Like a medium red-dark red-black burst, and purpleburst (ala the mid-90s reissues and DK1s).

And, yes, McD, please come and hang out here more. Hopefully, you won't need to wear body armor. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

P.S. - Summer NAMM can't come soon enough! Hoping to add something to the stable, and I've been exercising abstinence until then.

Comment

Working...
                              X