PM sent to you halford

Comment

here is my LTD guys

she is a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by halford View Post
        Problem is he doesnt have any plans to build one from
        So he's not willing to build you one?
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

cool, who's the maker? looks like it's got square corners on the fretboards, which the real ones' don't. looks like the builder did a nice job on it, and i like the brass knobs. EDIT: nevermind, i found it.

Originally posted by rr_is_alive View Post
          here is my LTD guys

she is a beauty

Last edited by sully; 03-05-2009, 12:01 PM.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            cool, who's the maker? looks like it's got square corners on the fretboards, which the real ones' don't. looks like the builder did a nice job on it, and i like the brass knobs. EDIT: nevermind, i found it.
            Square corners on the fretboards? can you explain this to me a bit more?

Cheers!
            Halford
            "heavy metal music in the true style of the 1980’s"

R A Z O R W Y R E

DOWNLOAD EP || FACEBOOK || MYSPACE || YOUTUBE

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
              So he's not willing to build you one?
              I havent talked to him about it since i mentioned it to him. BUT im asumming he would need plans to get it near what one would look like?

Cheers
              Halford
              "heavy metal music in the true style of the 1980’s"

R A Z O R W Y R E

DOWNLOAD EP || FACEBOOK || MYSPACE || YOUTUBE

Comment

Cheers!
                Halford
                The end of the fretboard by the neck pickup. The corners were rounded on Jackson version of this guitar.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

sure! i just took this pic of mine:

here's Randy's original:

(I took a close up pic of the poster of the white and black guitars crossed together)

you can see that the fretboard edges have a slight radius to them.

I like how they did the headstock logo on yours, and I commend you (and the builder) for not putting a Jackson logo on it.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cheers!
                    Halford
                    I think he refers to the actual "fretboard" not being rounded in the corners like the original white guitar. Shamray (the company that made my guitar) was well aware of this and I told them to leave it "squared" so it had a more sharp look to it

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      $6000 from Ebay. That's it. These were made in limited numbers so there wouldn't be thousands of them out there. Unlike most other sig models like artist-sig Strats, this is something that you don't hear many people saying "yeah, I've got one of those".

If it was a production model, yeah they'd sell a lot of them, and collectors would boo-hoo about it, but the original just wouldn't have the same "specialness" because "everyone" would have one.

Look at the EVH models - the copies and the "Official" copies. Yawn. Everyone and their mother has one.

Personally I disagree with the LTD run to begin with - Randy's should have been the only one. To me it dilutes the Rhoads/Jackson heritage on two fronts:
                      1: It's "for the Collectors", which I disagree with on principle alone
                      2: The "slobbering fanboy has his hero's guitar" issue.

But that's just me.
                      is that an insult to rhoads?

im kidding

i do suffer from number 2 though
                      but i sold the guitar
                      Last edited by Casket; 03-10-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X