Wich Jackson/Charvel do you think is the best one on the Budget range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich Jackson/Charvel do you think is the best one on the Budget range

Wich Jackson/Charvel do you think is the best one on the Budget range ?

MIJ Performer PS4
    Concept JDR94
    Concept JDX94
    DX Series
    Charvel 275 Dlx
    Charvel 375 Dlx
    Fussion
    Js Series

Feel free to add anyone they are just an example to give an idea of the budget !!

Ps: that might be arround 200 - 300$
    MIJ Performer PS4
    0.00%
    Concept JDR94
    28.57%
    DX Series
    14.29%
    Charvel 275 Dlx, etc...
    57.14%

The poll is expired.

sigpicPlayForFun

By far it'd be the Charvel imports from the 80s. They didn't really know HOW good they were at the time, and were setting themselves up for the near-death experience of the early 1990s.

However, it's very easy to get one that needs more work done to it than you paid (fretjob, new bridge, etc) plus there are a few minor-but-important issues, such as the oversized pickup rings and the possibility you can't replace the trem with an OFR.

As well, I don't think there were as many bridge options on those - you had a Floyd-type or you had the Kahlers or you had a v-trem, though I think the models you specifically mention can take a Floyd-style.

However, the MIJ Performers weren't bad at all, at least not the few I've played. A bit lacking in cosmetics (no fins, no binding), but they've got it in the playability department.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would stick to the Charvel Model series for bang for the buck... but it all matters what features you're looking for.

If you want a smaller, dinky body, you've got the DR, the 5 and the 6, but all the rest are strat bodies - and my 1A is a boat anchor. You're also out of luck if you want a recessed trem.

The newest import Dinky's that I've played have to be considered a tremendous value in the $500-$600 range - Duncans, the DK2M especially.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Those new JS's are now $400, alder wood instead of that indian ceder, but dunno, find one beat up and used for a hundred and put a JB in the bridge, might sound good, I'm gunna pull the trigger on one soon...

I got my Charvel Model 4 from my uncle for $300, might be able to find something like that. Then again I also bought an RR3 off Kijiji for $450 if you wanna go the extra mile.

Comment

Old, model series Charvels. New, DK2.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Dk2
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

For $200-$300 you can find a good condition used late 80s/early 90s Charvel. I'd say that the quality is up there with the Pro series of today.
              Scott

Comment

Predator.
                Right out of the box.
                No need to upgrade pickups or trem or anything.
                Smokin' bargain guitars.
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Find an old model series( toothpaste logo) or an old early jackson professional that has the jt590 trem and go down from there.

Comment

Fusions are great. I'm not sure about Fussions

Comment

+1 grandturk. Model Series are the best IMO but heavier (old logo), the toothpaste 275/375/475 are great and have recessed trems but are basswood, so it's what you like best. Models, etc. are still easily obtainable if you look around hard enough. I bought a 4 a year ago for 100 bucks out of a pawnshop (2 single coils were missing-emg in bridge but otherwise all there), and I bought a model 3 for about 130 (a little dinged up but also all there). 250 should get you something GOOD if you look around. ebay is for desperation only really or if you are trying to find parts. Again, IMO.
                      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Model Series bolt-ons are basswood too, except for the Model 88 (mah) and the trans-finished Model 7 (ash). Choosing between them and the toothpaste models boils down to spec preferences. Model series bolt-ons have the classic hot rod Charvel specs, and the toothpaste models have more modern Jackson Dinky specs. Fullsize strat vs. Dinky, non-recessed JT-6 (or Kahler, or v-trem) vs. recessed JT-590 (on most), standard strat neck joint vs. heel cutaway for a little better access. Very different guitars. Some will argue that Model Series are "better", but I personally think the quality is about the same. The only thing I think is clearly better is the JT-590 trem over the JT-6, and imo everything else is preference.

Comment

+1 to the Predator. Schaller trem, and can still be found for $250?!? Fagadaboudit.

Comment

model series, best $150 i ever spent on a guitar
                            jackson pc-1 chameleon
                            charvel model 4
                            prs ce-24 emerald green
                            ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                            jackson rr ps 3t
                            ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                            engl thunder 50
                            ibanez rg 565
                            mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Originally posted by gregthatshreds View Post
                              model series, best $150 i ever spent on a guitar

gotta agree with that one.
                              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                              X