80's era luthiers/builders, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's era luthiers/builders, etc

Hello folks. After reading here in the forum several times, I thought I would pull the trem spring covering off and see if there was a surprise beneath. Sure enough there was a stamping dating my guitar at 2/1/1988. I bought it in '89 (numbered San Dimas/Ontario). This was a great victory for me as I always wondered when my guitar was built. Now my next big question, who is the person who signed off on it? It looks like 'Rmy', but I'm not sure. Is there some listing of employees working at that time? I'm just extremely curious. Thanks.
    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Wasn't there an employee picture on the back of one of the catalogs with names on it? Maybe I'm nuts (ok, I'm nuts, but that's beside the point), but I thought I've seen that somewhere.

Did you check the catalog scans?
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Great idea! There were pictures...no names. :-( So, the search continues. Thanks for your help. I guess you're only 1/2 crazy...:-)
      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Working...
      X