first post...need info on this king v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first post...need info on this king v

hey guys, i just got this king v on saturday. i traded a randall 4x12 slant cab for this. whats funny is the cab has jaguar speakers and the guy had an EVH peavey 5150 head. the guitar came with locked strap, hard case. it was missing the bar for the floyd, the caps and screws for the nut, and the back plate for the springs. got everything but the back plate.

my question is, " how old is this guitar? Is it professional but not PRO? do they look like stock jackson pups? would i devalue it if i repainted it?

thanks... i know this isnt the best jackson you've seen, or the first post about the same guitar

Last edited by MaidenDeth; 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM. Reason: forgot pics

Looks like a 94/95 King V Standard.
    What the serial number on the plate?
    Some of the older Professional series would use the year as the leading digit.

Also looks like someone added a tone knob.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 03-03-2009, 01:28 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

serial 606133

Comment

OK... serial number makes it a 1996 KV2.
        That also means the tone knob is stock.

-Rick

Comment

Does the KV2 have Professional on the headstock? Looks more like a King V Std to me.

edit: nevermind, the Std didn't have a tone knob.
          Scott

Comment

The KV2 was originally an import, so yeah.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[quote=MaidenDeth;1215817]my question is, " Is it professional but not PRO? do they look like stock jackson pups? would i devalue it if i repainted it?"

Comment

its junk...you should sell it to me for next to nothing.

Comment

[quote=MaidenDeth;1216027]
                  Originally posted by MaidenDeth View Post
                  my question is, " Is it professional but not PRO? do they look like stock jackson pups? would i devalue it if i repainted it?"
                  The "Pro" was neck-thru but still part of the Professional series. They don't look like stock Jackson pups to me, and I don't think you would devalue it at all if you repainted it. It's really not worth all that much now, but it is still a good guitar.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And for God's sake... Pick up your shoes!!!

Welcome, stick around, it gets better...
                    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

[quote=toejam;1216052]
                      Originally posted by MaidenDeth View Post
                      The "Pro" was neck-thru but still part of the Professional series. They don't look like stock Jackson pups to me, and I don't think you would devalue it at all if you repainted it. It's really not worth all that much now, but it is still a good guitar.
                      is there any way of telling if they are jackson pups.

Does any anyone know where i can order the tremolo cover plate?

Comment

does someone if this cover for strats fits this king v

Comment

Go to http://www.fretsonthenet.com and order a proper one from Dave (Budman).
                          He's a member here and makes great replacement parts.
                          -Rick

Comment

+1 on Dave "fretsonthenet.com as a matter of fact i need to hit him up soon.

pull the pickups out and you'll be able to see if theyre jacksons or not. should be a sticker or stamp on the bottom. cant really tell by lookin at the top, but like toejam said, they dont appear to be stock. does it look like they once said jackson on them?

i felt those randalls loaded with jaguars sounded pretty good, but thats good deal for that guitar.

what color do you want to paint it?
                            also you may wanna bookmark the links, especially audiozone.dk cause the info there is great.
                            Last edited by jdr94; 03-03-2009, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                              +1 on Dave "fretsonthenet.com as a matter of fact i need to hit him up soon.

pull the pickups out and you'll be able to see if theyre jacksons or not. should be a sticker or stamp on the bottom. cant really tell by lookin at the top, but like toejam said, they dont appear to be stock. does it look like they once said jackson on them?

i felt those randalls loaded with jaguars sounded pretty good, but thats good deal for that guitar.

what color do you want to paint it?
                              also you may wanna bookmark the links, especially audiozone.dk cause the info there is great.
                              the pups dont look like they said jackson. but the pups on there now sound like my bc rich stock pups. thanks for the tip. the cab had to much bass for my liking. about the paint its got about 100 little dings and a couple of paint chips. ill keep it black

Comment

Working...
                              X