Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender trys to cheat on pre-Fender orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender trys to cheat on pre-Fender orders?

That truly sucks, I hope you get this problem reconcilled. On a side note, I know a dealer personally that deals Hamer-BC Rich-Washburn-Breedlove guitars. He was going to possibly deal Jackson`s, but will not now because of Fender. I asked why and he said because they require him to buy a ton of guitars to start out, something he cannot afford to do, he just wants a few to start out, some Import and some USA. How`s that for Fender not being cool [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] He sells a ton of Hamer uSA guitars, custom and stock, you would think Jaclson(Fender) would take notice [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Jack.

Re: Fender trys to cheat on pre-Fender orders?

Gibson's the same way - you have to order $50K worth of guitars to get a dealership. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I work for a company that manufactures expensive digital video processors. What typically happens is you get somebody who is interested in becoming a dealer, so they fill out the dealer paperwork, buy one system at dealer pricing, and we never hear from them again.

Forcing new distributers/dealers to buy a large amount of initial stock helps weed out those who just want to score a good deal on one order from the people who truly wish to become an active promoter and distributer of a product.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

It may also be they didn't like the quality, and went with someone else, or they wanted a less expensive "try-before-you-buy" opportunity.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Fender trys to cheat on pre-Fender orders?

When Fender announced the buyover of Charvel/Jackson, they guaranteed that the buyover will not affect the pending pre-Fender orders in any way. This is what Fender PR manager morgan Ringwald posted in the JCF then.

I have a running pre-Fender custom order, which is in the final completion now and which will be completed within th next 2 or 3 weeks.
          I ordered the guitar through my national pre-Fender Charvel/Jackson distributor. In the work order form, the distributor is named as the customer for Charvel/Jackson. When I ordered the guitar, I had must made a downpayment, because of custom orders are non-callelable and non-refundable.
          When the Fender buyover was officially, my distributor was guaranteed by Fender that all pre-Fender orders will remain at the original distributors, especially the already downpayed orders. Since then, the original pre-Fender distributor frequentally asked Fender for a statement about the delivery, but Fender never replied.
          This week, Fender announced the delivery of my order. At the same chance, Fender also skyrocketed the price for my running pre-Fender order about 20%.
          In fact, the written contract for my order contains an estimated price in CHF (Swiss Francs), based on an an estimated exchange rate and a quoted list price in US$ (including shipping, customs fees and taxes). The contract says, that the final CHF price depends on the actual currency exchange rate, effective when the guitar will be shipped. In the meanwhile, Fender decided to deliver the guitar by themselves instead of the original distributor who ordered the guitar. Fender finalized the price on a very expensive currency exchange rate, which was effective a year ago when I ordered the guitar. Actually, the currency exchange rate is very cheap. But Fender does not care about the contract. Fender says, the agreement of a variable currency exchange rate in the contract with my dealer and with the original distributor would be unserious. Fender did not agree with the original contract yet. I will not accept a higher price. So I have to deal with them

If Fender really delivers the guitar by themselves instead of the original distributor, the pre-Fender distributor refuses to pay my downpayment back.

welcome to the new reality with Fender...

Comment

Well back to Toby's problem, that in a nutshell is big B.S.! Fender did say that all pre-Fender orders would sell for the same price and not the extra 20 percent crap that Fender threw out at the beginning of the year.
            I myself have felt the bite on at least one new Jackson already.
            Fender should back off and give the man his axe for the originally agreed on price or face losing credibility.

Comment

This issue totally sickens me and I feel for you.
              From the corporate point of view, Fender is doing what most big companies do is to reinburse itself
              in all areas of their mergers/buy outs. It takes big $$ to buy another company out and they do mind their P/L's to the nines. Hurting the end product user is [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] no concern in corporate madness.

I've been and currently am a victim of such screwed up buyouts and yes, it's sucks bigtime! Given the situation, they no longer have to compete with "Jackson" so, they can care little about what the user thinks. The mom & pop store loses out here. Most "small change contracts" get changed or voided. I'm just looking at pre fender stuff these days.

[ May 18, 2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: limbo ]

Comment

Ya it it is kinda sickening. I have an SL2H on order, but it may be the last NEW Jackson i ever buy if Fender doesn`t change their ways. I will get Hamer`s and Carvin`s and be very happy with them. Jack.

Comment

Hmm...that $50,000 min startup thing sounds like an attemp to try to ensure that if the store IS a small one, if they want to carry Fender (and now Jackson) products, they will carry them almost exclusively. This could be seen as a way to enforce a limited competition at startup, without having to hassle as much outright with the negotiation side of exclusivity. Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL:
                    I work for a company that manufactures expensive digital video processors. What typically happens is you get somebody who is interested in becoming a dealer, so they fill out the dealer paperwork, buy one system at dealer pricing, and we never hear from them again.

Forcing new distributers/dealers to buy a large amount of initial stock helps weed out those who just want to score a good deal on one order from the people who truly wish to become an active promoter and distributer of a product.

- E.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, but it also hurts the mom & pop music stores who can't afford to sell nice instruments that their customers might want to buy from them.

I understand there should be a minimum initial order, but having to stock $50,000 of initial product is like having to pay a franchise fee.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

When Fender announced the buyover of Charvel/Jackson, they guaranteed that the buyover will not affect the pending pre-Fender orders in any way.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Won't affect the orders? What happened to Alexi Laiho? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

A local store here has a guy I know named Dale who wants to order a few USA Jacksons for the shop.. he's a true metal head.. and has a death metal band and they're getting some pretty good sales over in Europe. But FENDER won't answer their phones, OR return his calls.

From what I've seen.. Fender have been a bunch of DICKS.

Comment

Yes, I don`t see why a dealer can`t just start out with a few Jackson`s to see how they sell in their area, if they take off, I garuntee that dealer will buy more and take orders for a certain model/color [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Fender, being A-Typical big corporate strong arm here [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Also, I don`t like that they won`t do Firebird and Explorer shapes anymore, FU*K [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Gibson Jack.

[ May 18, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                          It may also be they didn't like the quality, and went with someone else, or they wanted a less expensive "try-before-you-buy" opportunity.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Typically, a prospective dealer of ours will get a full on-site product demonstration before they ever make a purchase, so they have a try-before-buy opportunity. Our processor is the most expensive one on the market, but also the best quality. So believe me, before anyone shells out the $$$ they know full well what they are getting.

I do understand Xeno's point about a $50,000 outlay for a mom and pop shop being excessive. Still, I understand a company's point of view of wanting a commitment. You would think that a Bill and Emma's music shop could have a different dealer agreement than a Guitar Center, as far as an initial purchase or sales requirements go.

- E.

[ May 18, 2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Man, upping the price on a pre-ordered and down-payment made guitar is pretty friggin' bogus. Actually, it's a load of crap. See if you can somehow get your money back from your original dealer, forget that guitar and get a second hand one, Fender can play with yours down at Company HQ at lunchtime.

Comment

I had a phone talk with the Fender Germany sales manager today. He told me, when Fender bought Charvel/Jackson, they didn't buy their back orders. Since Fender will not deliver through the original distributors, in fact the orders do not longer exist. The back orders which will be completed nayhow are going to the Fender warehouse and will be offered to dealers in the USA. My running order was subject to happen the same.
                              Because of my dealer asked Fender about my order (and rescued it from the warehouse), Fender started a new order, and it will be treated like a new Fender order and Fender pricing applies.

Comment

Working...
                              X