Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Jackson Roswell Rhoads: how many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Jackson Roswell Rhoads: how many?

Anyone know how many aluminum Roswells were made? I've read 50, 100 and 200; which is correct?

Yeah, I finally scored one. How it ended up in East Germany, I don't know, but it's coming back to the US.
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

How much did you end up paying?

Comment

About $1.5K less than any I found in the states.

What's really cool is that it's #51, tying in with the whole "Area 51" thing...
      ...one day it will be."

Comment

That one was on the bay wasnt it?
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
          About $1.5K less than any I found in the states.

Did you mean "about $1.5k which is less than any I found in the states" ?
          Or did you mean $1.5k less than what the ones in the sates are going for?

How much are those guitars worth?

Comment

The originals were cool.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
              Did you mean "about $1.5k which is less than any I found in the states" ?
              Or did you mean $1.5k less than what the ones in the sates are going for?

How much are those guitars worth?
              Currently, I've seen two (on Gbase). One , in slightly rough shape, is $5K, the other, touted to be as pristine as the day it was made, is $11K. We won't mention Ed Roman, who has three (all over $10K, from what I understand)).

Most of the "sold" listings I've seen show them holding a value of around $5K

Yes, I mean $1.5K less than any I've seen, not that I paid $1.5K for it.

The seller is actually figuring out the final price (shipping, insurance, etc. factors in). No matter what, I think I got a pretty good deal!
              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Number 51? That rules! Congrats!
                The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Congrats. Hope you're not as disappointed as I was with it
                  The Electric Pointy Space Banjo

And I know we all like to keep tabs on current values, but really, asking how much someone paid is a bit rude IMO.

Additionally, if the person decides to sell later on and make a buck on it, if "everyone" knows how much was paid for it initially, potential buyers will argue that point with the seller and demand the same "deal" be passed on to them. I've seen it. It's ghey.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,

Thanks for going to bat for me.

" The Electric Pointy Space Banjo " <--- you're absolutely right! I have a production model (wood). It's neck heavy, and playing above the twelfth fret is uncomfortable because of the body shape. BUT I think it's a way cool guitar.

I couldn't imaging playing a set - let alone a night - with only a Roswell (BTW, this baby is a stay-at-home!), but for a song or two it's good for the "show factor". Also, it helps to distract from what a lousy guitarist I am
                    ...one day it will be."

Comment

Working...
                    X