New Guy Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Here...

Howdy! I just bought a new SoCal in Pagan Gold, and a lot of my research in to it came from here, so I thought I would join up. I've been playing since 1983, and have been a fan of Charvel/Jackson since even before that. I never could afford one back then, but when the right one from that era comes along, I'm sure to be picking one up. I had a couple of Pro series DR5's back in the 90's as gigging guitars, but sold and traded them away. The new affordable Charvels sounded like just my thing for quality vs. price, so I picked one up through Piney Hills, who I e-met on another forum. I'm really digging it so far, being a hot rodded Strat fan. To date, it is the only guitar I have bought and not started right out thinking 'I'll change this, and this, and this...' That doesn't mean I won't be changing anything, just not yet.

My son lucked in to a very sweet neck-thru Jackson bass. (P-body, pointy, with EMJ P/J set.) We went to a local GC to get his Christmas present, and while I was looking at some amps, he asked me 'is $500 good for a Jackson bass?' I figured it would be an import, but when he brought it over, I saw that it had the 'Made In USA' under the logo. I figured it might be a mid to later 80's model, as I wasn't familiar with the serial numbers. The guy at the store said '86 or '87. It was in great shape, some normal play wear but no major scars, so we picked it up. After sending a friend on another forum pics and the serial number, it turns out to be the last guitar on the '83 books, J0034. Probably a once in a lifetime deal/steal. I know the basses don't seem to be as valuable as the guitars, but it was definitely a cool find.

And now the payoff: Pics.
    Body shot, nothing you haven't seen before.

With my two main amps, Line6 VettaII and Blackmore Engl w/Avatar contemporary cab.

Family pic.

J0034

Welcome! Nice So Cal and all of your Fenders. That HM Strat is slick along with that Lake Placid Blue HSS one. Your son's lucky to have such a nice bass. That's a really low serial number. I think it's a steal for 500 bucks personally. Have fun here!
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Welcome aboard!! That's a sweet collection of axes you have there.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Thanks, guys! The HM actually came to me in trade for one of the above mentioned DR5's. It needs work, though. The Spyder trem is shot, and the sickly dirty surgical scrubs green that it aged to isn't as pleasant as the pastel blue that is hiding under the neck plate. I'm getting ready to fit it for a Floyd, strip the paint, and fill the little dings. Then it will be off to a friend's for a new paint job. I'm thinking a candy or metalflake pink.

Comment

Cool stuff ... Welcome !!!

Comment

Working...
          X