Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I buy? Reccomendations!

Ok hear me out kind folk...

This past week I went to a local music store in Virginia Beach that I haven't been to in almost a year. I told my friend who works there to show me some guitars. He takes me in the big room where they have all the sweet guitars.

I saw a whole wall of new Charvels. WTF?!?! Where did they come from?! I won't ask, because I've been out of the J/C guitar loop for a couple years, perfectly content with my 1989 RR Custom and RR5.

So sick! These are true hot rod strats! My eyes were drawn to the candy green San Dimas. FRICKIN perfect. It is the guitar I want. I looked at the price tag, expecting to see 1499 or more. $999! WTF! You cant get a better deal than that. Why are these guitars so affordable? And where are they made? I see a San Dimas PO Box neck plate. What are the details on these monsters? Are they really this good?

My Dillema (sp), My friend offered to sell his Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special to me for $600. Now Ive already borrowed this guitar from him for a month before and gigged with it. Its absolutely flawless. I love it. I couldnt put it down when I had it and I looked on musicians friend website and they go for 1600 or so.

So what should I do? What guitar would you guys rather have for the price? A used (but frankly mint condition) EBMM Silhouette Special with case for 600, or one of these awesome Candy Green super strat Charvels for $1000 new?

I've got a SoCal, and I love it. I think it's a great guitar for the price, but the Ernie Ball sounds like a killer deal. And you already know you like it... Tough call. I'm not big on the EB looks, but they are nice players. And that almost sounds like a deal you might regret passing on. I don't think there is going to be a big shortage of the new Charvels, so I don't know if passing on one now will be regrettable.

Comment

true true!

Comment

i would go with the one that makes you feel alive! if they both make you feel alive then i have no clue lol maybe get them both!

Comment

If you've already borrowed the Sillouette and "couldn't put it down", then I'd suggest you go for that, as it's a known quantity...
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yeah, I'd go the 6 bills if you love playing that guitar. FMIC will keep turning out those so-cals as long as they can keep buying the parts from the outside suppliers prices low enough. I'd keep the other 400 in my pocket and if you change your mind later there will be plenty around. I also think there is a So-Cal in the JCF classifieds for 650 but I don't know if its strat or tele.
            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
            X