Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommed the best Jackson guitar to buy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had $2k-$3k to spend and was gigging, I'd get an SL2H and an SLS3 for backup. No gigging, I'd get a custom shop soloist.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
      Personally I find the PC1 or the Charvels have the most variety of tones.

I like the PC1 because it has 24 frets. I would not mind having a bolt on DK either.

Personally my hands cramp up on the neck thrus - not enough wood to grab onto at those small high frets which I use all of the time. Plus I don't like painted necks.
      And I like a fretboard that sits higher above the body ie. bolt on compared to a neck through.

I also find the neck thrus a bit darker sounding. And I find the bolt ons have a more percusiveness to their sound.

Oh I can hear the neck thru guys tearin' me a new one as I type this.

I'm with you there. Never understood or believed the hype about neckthrough vs bolt-on. I had a bolt-on Kelly (my first Jackson) that would sustain like mad.

Course it also had 11s on it with a wound 3rd

Had a San Dimas Soloist that wouldn't sustain any better than a bolt-on, even with my MP-1 Gains both on 10.

Meanwhile, the Halford won't shut up (TurboCharger plus 5 lbs of steel on the face doesn't hurt )
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        TurboCharger plus 5 lbs of steel on the face doesn't hurt
        that sounds like a Halford lyric
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Why are they so bloody discounted other there in US. I'm jealous.
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

I have bolt on's and a neck thru V, I like em both. Also have an old 80's model Charvel that sounds and plays Awesome..... You can pick up a DKMG bolt on at a great price as I just got an New 08 Dinky with active EMG's for $549.00 with warranty and Love it! The unfinished bolt-on neck is slick and fast and the Floyd refuses to go outta tune........
            2008 Jackson DKMG Dinky
            2000 Jackson RR1 Neck Thru Lightning Sky
            1986 Charvel
            1990 Fender USA Strat
            2008 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            2001 Fender Stratacoustic
            2000 Alverez 12 string
            90's Applause Round Back

Comment

Yeah unfinished neck is the way to go. The fastest necks I have played on have all been unfinished.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

For the price a Charvel 550XL or 650XL are the all around best guitars for the money and sound (In my opinion).

Its all up to you, according to what you like, but almost every rock/metal player loves them.

Well at least I know I do.

Hope this helps.
                This is my signature:This is my signature:This is my signature.

Comment

Working...
                X