Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time Charvel owner...help

Hi fellas. Nice to be aboard.
    Picked up a US made Charvel strat today, serial number 318259 on the neckplate which has Charvel in silver on a black textured background. SSH pick ups,6 point trem, vintage bridge but the block is smallish and colored black. tobacco burst tone, tone, volume controls, 5 way switch. 22 fret maple neck with roswwood fingerboard.
    Got it in Japan today... and have no idea when it was made or the model type. Anybody wanna offer any input?
    thanks in advance.
    Be gentle.....it`s my first time.

Re: first time Charvel owner...help

more info...
    swimming pool rout, pole pieces are allen key adjustable on the bucker, Jackson single coils. The neckplate has the address in Texas on it.

Comment

Sounds like a Model 1 with a different pickguard for an added hum at the bridge maybe? I can't remember any of the model series with the vintage trem and an HSS layout.
      Japanese either way.

Comment

Thanks... Could have been modified The bucker looks different underneath. The single coils have a Jackson sticker on the bottom but the bucker doesn`t. The pick guard is a single ply black color.

Comment

Originally posted by geez:
          Picked up a US made Charvel strat today, serial number 318259 on the neckplate which has Charvel in silver on a black textured background
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Logo sounds like the "toothpaste" logo (late 80s - early 90s). "Charvel" written in script similar to Jackson logo. Early "Model" series have Charvel in the shape of a guitar.

You can check the gallery
          http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/cstrats.html

to compare, although it takes a long time to load, and you may not be able to make out headstock detail.

[ May 19, 2003, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:

Early "Model" series have Charvel in the shape of a guitar.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's a pic of the "guitar" logo:

Comment

Here's the toothpaste logo / pointy headstock:

(That's a 475)

Comment

OK... it has the guitar logo.

Comment

Working...
                X