No announcement yet.

27 years ago today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I just pulled out my RR1, the best guitar ever made. I remember when I heard the news clear as a bell. It is one of those memories like JFK, John Lennon, 9/11 and any other totally major world event that any adult always remembers even when they have forgotten almost everything else. I had a friend who passed away recently who taught me all kinds of licks and riffs he picked up from going to all the clubs way back in the day and checking out all the guitar players who came through town. I learned a lot, that is how it was before we had everything we have today. I'll never forget, he went to Hollywood to check out the music scene and came back raving about a little dude with a Les Paul, a blonde shag haircut and a polka dot bow tie. He didn't know his name but he said he was the best guitarist he had ever seen. Stuff like that you never forget.

Comment

Its a crying shame what happened on that day and it still bums me out..The Diary/Madman album is still great and yes I still cannot play some that stuff and Ive been trying for years..Just a great talent gone

Comment

I soo remember this,I was woken up.. my 2 older brothers were in the living room and talking about it,they had the news on and I couldn't believe it.
        Long live Randy-his spirit and music will live on forever.
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

RIP Randy. He's my favorite guitarist.
          Gibson SG Standard
          Jackson DK2M Dinky
          Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
          Roland Micro Cube
          Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

A true shame.
            RIP Bro!

Comment

And i read that he hated to fly, so why was he even in it? Imagine
              what he would have done musically in the next 15 years if he had lived?

Comment

One of my biggest influences for sure. My own tribute to RR (with and without flash):

Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow, Roody you about got it covered there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                    Wow, Roody you about got it covered there.
                    Yeah, I got every thing but the talent
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X