X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refin question

Picking up from another thread....

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Polyester for graphics (so the gloss doesn't obscure them) and polyurethane for non-graphics?
    Newc (or anyone else for that matter) who around is good at painting graphics? or just does a good job refinishing these guitars. I have a late '86 or early '87 Bolt On Jackson that a previous owner refinished *himself*:ROTF:, and I'd like to get it redone and I'd like a really nice job. I could go graphic so I was wondering about who does that well, but also anyone good around if for just solid colors? Y'know a paint job that belongs on that guitar.... nothing cheesy. Thanks in advance to all.....
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

How cheesy is the old one, may we have pics?
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Contact Mike Learn. He can do anything you want and do it incredibly well.

He does contract work for Jackson and Charvel so there's a very good chance you already seen examples of his work.

Regardless, you can check out his gallery of guitar work here. I cannot speak highly enough of his work.

I just had him paint my Charvel mutt (pic below). I liked his work and working with him so much, I ordered a complete custom guitar from him. The man is the Picasso of guitar finishes.

Comment

^ Now that is nice!
        Gear

Jackson DXMG
        Jackson JS30RR
        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
        Blackstar HT5H
        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
        Marshall JCM 800 2203
        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
          ^ Now that is nice!
          Thank you but that's really nothing compared to some of his other finishes. The camo was a lot of work but Mike just executed my design. He really didn't have an opportunity to go nuts and be creative.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
            How cheesy is the old one, may we have pics?
            I'll see if I can scratch around and get some up. it's painted flip-flop white (badly). The whole guitar is there but that paint.....
            The guitar is nuthin' special hardware-wise. JT-6, Stock Jacskon HSS, dot inlays, but the neck is really worn in nice..

Great Camo "Mutt".if all Mutts looked like that they'd fina new name for them.
            Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
            98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

BTW, just to be clear, the neck is the real deal but the body is not. Hence, it's a mutt.

Definitely contact Mike though. He will make your Jackson better than new.
              Last edited by Matt_B; 03-22-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X