No announcement yet.

Jackson Guitar Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a guy on ebay who sells JAckson import and USA parts. He's an authorized Jackson/Fender dealer. Doesn't sell guitars though, just parts.

One warning, smokes like a train, so the items may need to be defunct.

I don't know him personally, but he lives in the next town. Sells stuff out of his house. I bought some stuff from him, nice guy.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
      There's a guy on ebay who sells JAckson import and USA parts. He's an authorized Jackson/Fender dealer. Doesn't sell guitars though, just parts.

One warning, smokes like a train, so the items may need to be defunct.

I don't know him personally, but he lives in the next town. Sells stuff out of his house. I bought some stuff from him, nice guy.
      Yeah that's who i got my tuners from...still no tone/volume knobs though.
      I smoke heaps too, never had anything electronic or otherwise effected by cigarrette smoke, i think that's all just bullshit. Like when like eBay sellers emphasize, "comes from a smoke free environment" LOL, who cares, makes no difference LOL. Especially with something like tuners.

Comment

Smoke free environment might not matter for metal items like volume knobs, but for something like a gig bag, trust me. It does. I got one of those Charvel gig bags that comes with the new production guitars and it stunk incredibily bad like smoke. I've tried everything, even put it in the washing machine and the smell won't go away. I'm just about ready to start the thing on fire.
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
          Smoke free environment might not matter for metal items like volume knobs, but for something like a gig bag, trust me. It does. I got one of those Charvel gig bags that comes with the new production guitars and it stunk incredibily bad like smoke. I've tried everything, even put it in the washing machine and the smell won't go away. I'm just about ready to start the thing on fire.
          I wouldn't call a smoke smell a huge issue, unless one is alergic in some way. There are deodorizers you can by specifically for cigarrette smoke though if it really bothers you. But yeah, unless it causes the item to not work correctly or has caused holes & stains, then it's not an issue for me.
          Anyway we're off the topic now...still chasing real Jackson tone/volume knobs.
          Also after a black football shaped jack plate, now these are a dime a dozen, but the problem is they're all curved for a Strat/Tele body. I need it for the inside of one fin on a King V which is flat or curves ever so slightly the other way. Flip it over you say? Well unfortunately they're all counter sunk on one side & altering it to be counter sunk on the other side aswell is not an ideal fix.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4378 View Post
            Anyway we're off the topic now...still chasing real Jackson tone/volume knobs.
            Also after a black football shaped jack plate, now these are a dime a dozen, but the problem is they're all curved for a Strat/Tele body. I need it for the inside of one fin on a King V which is flat or curves ever so slightly the other way. .
            I suggest a towel and a rubber mallet.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I suggest a towel and a rubber mallet.
              Hmmmm again not an ideal solution, especially if i have to try & make it curve slightly in the other direction. That's what it looks like with the stock one anyway, but it's ever so slight it's bearly visible. Maybe if i bought a flat one (if they're available) it'd slightly bend into place when tightened becaue the curve is ever so slight. Wouldn't wann damage the paintjob on the guitar though.

Comment

I just found this forum and it seems that there are some knowledgeable people here and maybe someone could help me out with a part as well.... I've been looking for replacement screws for the pickup height adjustment on my Jackson Performer and any of the kits I found at my local guitar store have included screws that are incorrect (too small of a diameter and too tight of a thread pitch). I visited StewMac.com and they have a couple of different screw sizes but I don't know quite what I'm looking for. Anyone know precisely what screws I should pick up? Thanks!

Comment

I'm using my local guitar shop to order parts from Allparts and Fender. The latter take ages in deliveries.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                  X