Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Bummer.....this just seems so petty after all that silly "Selling my guitars cause I can't play them anymore" thing he was doing.

http://www.megadeth.com/index.php?section=guitar_pr

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

bah dave. his model sounds like an aston martin model number......classy.

Hmm im dissapointed, but ill prolly end up getting one because i love him so.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, I DO like the name, "DV8". Maybe it shows he's "deviating" away from Jackson.

Comment

I was very shocked at the news because I expected him to go to Gibson. I'm sure it'll be a cool guitar though since Dave will have a hand in the design, lets just hope it does not have that baseball bat neck most ESPs have.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Let's play a game. Let's predict which current Jackson player will become an ESP endorser. Alexi has already switched, and now Dave. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Come on Fender. Do something!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
            Let's play a game. Let's predict which current Jackson player will become an ESP endorser. Alexi has already switched, and now Dave. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Come on Fender. Do something!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hear ya man, talk about dropping the ball (over and over). [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL Phil Collen? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I would say Scott Ian, but he already had an endorsement with ESP in the '80s, not sure he'd go back.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My question is why wouldn't Jackson continue the Y2KV and other Mustaine guitars UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME. Music Man did it with their Axis, right? Same guitar, different name (if I'm not mistaken).

Comment

Da na na na na Another one bites the dust da na na na na another bites the dust and another one gone and another gone another one bites the dust. Hmm seems like ESP is giving away free endorsements.

Comment

Alexi was a bad loss, and I don't particularly care for CoB very much.

Dave Mustaine? He's over the hill anyways... let him go to ESP. I don't think his newer material is even worthy to be played on a Jackson. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't think his newer material is even worthy to be played on a Jackson
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There ya go. What else can be said.

Matt

Comment

Whether you care for COB or not, Alexi's
                        star is rising, so it's a loss of sales to Jackson to have dropped that ball. If
                        they'd hung onto him and put out a 24-fret Rhoads (even a bolt neck!) it would be selling real well now, at least in Europe.

AS for Mustaine, coming back after being gone a couple of years will generate a big buzz, including record sales and sig guitar sales - again, sales that go to ESP and LTD instead of Jackson. As for the "worthy of" outlook, there are plenty
                        of bands using Jacksons that suck worse than the worst Megadeth. If he's over the hill than lots of people here are too, and has anyone here made the impact
                        on music that Mustaine and Megadeth have?
                        If not, then it sounds like sour grapes.

Not that I agree with Dave forcing Fender
                        to cancel the Y2KV orders that were paid for and in production, but then Fender could've told him to sue, that they'd be
                        filling preexisting orders at least, so
                        FMIC showed a lack of honor there too - just like all the other Custom Shop orders from Europe that they cancelled,
                        including Alexi's. What would Dave do,
                        sue each guitar owner to get back the unapproved-by-Dave guitars? I doubt that; it would surely kill his comeback to go after his own fans.

Comment

I would guess that it was Fender's purchase of Jackson that pushed DM to leave. His Y2KV is a 100% complete Gibson ripoff. When Fender shutdown all manufacture of Gibson shapes, V's, Firebirds, and Explorers, they essentially killed the production of DM's signature guitar. I don't know how DM reacted, but I know that I would be some pissed off. Imagine spending one year plus designing your own signature guitar, back and forth with countless prototypes, to finally getting it just the way you want it. Only to have the new 'parent' company shut you down. Besides its an accepted fact that Jap guitar companies like ESPee and Ibenhad pay better than everybody else. I bet that DM never saw a dime from Jackson, just free guitars. I would also wager that the deal he is getting from ESpee is much more lucrative $$$. I can't fault him for that, if your records don't sell, and you still have to pay the bills...

Comment

I don't think the y2kv is a COMPLETE gibson ripoff. The only thing that is similar to the flying v is the shape, and even that is a little different. I have played both the flying v and the y2kv, and the y2kv kills the flying v in all departments, construction, materials, playability, plus you get alot more bang for your buck with the y2k.

Lets see how many Jackson fans talk sh!t on Dave cause he went with esp [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

personally, i dont care what kind of guitar he plays, just as long as the music comming from it kiks ass.

Comment

Dave Mustain just flat out is not going to generate enough guitar sales to justify the demands Dave put to Fender both in Cash and in Free guitars.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X