Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

Originally posted by Metalcop:
    When Fender shutdown all manufacture of Gibson shapes, V's, Firebirds, and Explorers...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...and the, uh, double-cut LP Junior? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

No offense, but you're talking out the top of your hat.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
      Dave Mustaine just flat out is not going to generate enough guitar sales to justify the demands Dave put to Fender both in Cash and in Free guitars.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And yet he was still their #1 endorsing artist. Even six months AFTER he dissolved Megadeth. Bizarre.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
        Dave Mustain
        Matt
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mustaine
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Everyone stop and think for a second. How many people here, when Fender bought Jackson, said that they wouldn't buy another new Jackson? What the **** makes you think that Mustaine doesn't think the same way? Imagine building up a relationship with the people at a company over many years time, then all of a sudden NONE OF THEM are there anymore. I've always heard it was well known that Mustaine hated Fender. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. What I do know is that he made a choice that a ton of people here made too. Make up your minds. Do you want people to do what anyone else here when faced with the same situation (no friends at the company, no real interest in making friends with the new peopl), or do you want them to stay with a bunch of people that don't know and don't care about?

Frankly, I can't wait to hear what he's going to throw down now. I don't care what he's playing as long as he kicks ass.

Comment

damn it I thought it was gonna be Ran guitars [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ............ so how many here are gonna try the new Dave Mustaine model ? I bet the import has emg hz's humbuckers a neck like a baseball bat and looks like one of mike ammots guitars and sells for 599 list . [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

BM said
              What I do know is that he made a choice that a ton of people here made too. Make up your minds. Do you want people to do what anyone else here when faced with the same situation (no friends at the company, no real interest in making friends with the new peopl), or do you want them to stay with a bunch of people that don't know and don't care about?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">a) A "ton of people" here decided they won't buy new Jacksons anymore, since Fender bought them? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Uh, I can think of only one.

b) Sure, losing the people you normally work with in this type of transition is a significant factor. But [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] If Dave left because his "friends" were no longer with the company, then he probably didn't really give much of a flying monkey's-@ss about Jackson guitars to begin with, did he? See, I always thought the main reason you would endorse a company would be because you love their product. Or maybe it was more about the money and freebies in his case? And his shi**y, holier-than-thou bad attitude. (...Which is just about everyone who doesn't agree with everything that spouts from his mouth.)

Good riddance to him. Those efforts are better spent on other endorsees.

Comment

And yet Dave's badass attitude is what made Megadeth AND evolved Heavy Metal from operatic Classically-inspired brain-music ala Iron Maiden/Judas Priest to Speed Metal/Thrash, to which gave birth to what seems to be the current favorite around here - Death/Black Metal.

Funny how a guy that's impossible to get along with can change the world.

If not for Dave's "Yuck Fou" attitude, we'd all be pretty much content to listen to whatever Metallica puts out and call it fantastic, but Dave was always nipping at Metallica's heels trying to pass them, but pushing them harder and harder. When Megadeth went more pop than Metallica was with Risk, Lars knew Dave was no longer chasing them and they didn't have to keep going down that road.

I for one think Fender should have done whatever Dave asked - IMC/AMIC neglected their biggest LIVING endorsees like Robbin Crosby - the people besides Rhoads that put Jackson on the map, surpassing Charvel. There's no need to continue that kind of self-destructive behavior. Chris Holmes has sworn loyalty to Jackson, and do you think they'd give him a guitar today? Do you think they even know what band he played in? Yeah WASP wasn't as earth-shattering as Led Zeppelin or Metallica, but yippee! who gives a d!ck? They were just as good a band, and Chris is a great guitarist.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't give a damn what kind of guitar Dave Mustaine plays, but when I listen to Megadeth CDs, I will always think of Dave playing a Jackson King V. If his ESP model is a quality instrument, I guess that's good for him, but anyone who rushes out to buy one because Dave's name on it really needs to get their head checked. I find it hard to believe that the guy is ever going to come even remotely close to his RIP-era playing, especially for someone recovering from such supposedly bad injuries, definitely not enough so to prompt me to be interested in playing "his" guitar.

I loved Megadeth through the Countdown to Extinction days, and although I could probably only come up with a handful of songs that I enjoyed from their later albums, they seemed to be headed back in the right direction on TWNAH...the sound if not the songs. For Mustaine to disband Megadeth for his injury- and family-related reasons seemed OK by me, but this sudden return (minus the rest of the band) is mighty weak.
                  sigpic

Comment

....the wise told me that good guitar companies don't require famous endorser... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

as long as it includes Ellefson then it is megadeth. there never has beeb or will be a band. just dave and dave and whoever they hire. freedman, menza, poland, Gar, young.... and the rest have all been hired to play in megadeth. freedman thought he was going to get fired the first day when he showed up to reherse for the first time. dave kept yelling at him that he wasn't P.M.ing in the right place for that song and he better not ever let it happen again. here's a guy that is worlds better of a player, played in a band with jason becker, and dave mustain is telling him that he is playing this simple part wrong cause he wrote it THIS way and it better be played THIS way. hehheh that kills me. GO DM! yes my favorite line up was the RIP line up. but it doesn't really matter as long as they are good enought to play what dave writes. megadeth is a 2 piece band always has and as long as it stays that way it will be Megadeth. (wether or not the songs are any good.) i love the 1st 4 albums and the line up changed 3 times in 4 albums, but dave and dave always remained. so who cares if mensa and freedman return. marty only gets to write solo's anyway (which are bad ass!!! and i wish he would join my band instead.) and menza is good and all but dave could do way better. so my point being the line up doesn't matter as long as its mustain and ellefson.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I could see Scott Ian jumping to Washburn. He already uses Randall amps ( owned by Washburn) so that would be an easy transition. Saw him last week and it was still all Jacksons!

Comment

McD: So do you guys have any surprises for namm in regards to endorsers?

Typically, how long would an ESP contract last?

That’s sh!tty if Alexi was miss informed cuz the guy liked Jackson in a bad way.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I wonder what would happen if you shipped Alexi a guitar out of generosity for the ones that were stolen fromhim... wonder if it would manage to sneak on the sets.... muaaahaha

As for Dave Mustaine, no I ragged on his ass when he was STILL endorsing Jacksons. I was at the Cliff Burton tribute show Megadeth played, and Mustaine's whiny behavior was reprehensible. He was clearly high on something, and for 10 minutes he stopped the set and whined. "This is my show I can do whatever I want..." I feel sorry for Cliff's parents, they were there while he was getting boo'd. He's a whiney little *****.

As for Metallica, if it weren't for Mustaine, they wouldn't have had much material, if it weren't for Kirk Hammet, whom they stole from Exodus, they would have never been signed. As for all the St Anger crap, it's a ploy to get back their old fan base, just another scam. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hey McD - J/C HQ, I know you can't say much on the issue but are Jackson taking any steps to get Alexi back after his current contract with ESP expires (however long that is). Also, when it comes to playability do you think Alexi had them do a neck that was similar to the Jackson neck rather than that god-awfull neck shape ESP has?

BTW, how can a player contact you about getting a deal of some sort? I'm not saying me, but if someone wanted to get into talkes with Jackson who's the man to email or contact?
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

i have to say that megadeth is always going to be dave and dave, but the rip line was the best (imo)but i've got to ask , who is alexi and cob. i know i've been living in a hole so i don't know
                                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                                X