Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

Gar and Poland weren't hired like Mensa and Marty were - they were the original band members, and they did it more like a band than the later versions.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Am i the only one who liked the DeGrasso/Pitrelli lineup? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by New Found Power:
        Am i the only one who liked the DeGrasso/Pitrelli lineup? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I also liked that lineup. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Every band member they had was great, but the last lineup seemed to be getting them in a little heavier direction again.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by New Found Power:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I also loved this lineup! Not only because Al's a local hero here in NY but they all seemed to be going in the right direction. If that version of the band made another studio album it would have been amazing.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I liked that lineup as well. I drifted from Megadeth in the 90's, but I was really liking the new lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
              Alexi left because he was misinformed that Jackson's would no longer be available to him - which was not true. By the time I was able to contact his management, ESP had already made him something. The sad thing for him is that now he's stuck playing ESP's - I could have made him several guitars by now.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by xenophobe:
              Alexi was a bad loss, and I don't particularly care for CoB very much.

Dave Mustaine? He's over the hill anyways... let him go to ESP. I don't think his newer material is even worthy to be played on a Jackson. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jacksons

ESPs

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That's interesting, because a few months elapsed between his guitars getting stolen and his going with ESP. Are you really saying COB's and Sinergy's management couldn't be reached in all that time? Who gave Alexi the misinformation that his endorsement and Custom Shop order were cancelled? Word was on the old JCF that he was told the wait would be 1-1/2 years, BEFORE he was told his order was cancelled. You say now you'd have had several guitars ready for him by now, only 7-8 months later, but no one from FMIC or Jackson said anything like that at the time. All due respect, but that's just surprising that someone within the FMIC/Jackson organization wouldn't have put the word out that they DID want to help Alexi, before the ESP deal was done. Corporate espionage being a fact, you had to know ESP would make a fast move when the guy's guitars got stolen. A quick call - "Alexi, we have 2 24-fret Japan Rhoads guitars on the way 'til we can get your Custom shop order done!" - could have changed the whole scenario. Of course hindsight is 20/20, and Alexi probably needs the money anyway.

[ May 20, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: syrinx ]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                And yet Dave's badass attitude is what made Megadeth AND evolved Heavy Metal from operatic Classically-inspired brain-music ala Iron Maiden/Judas Priest to Speed Metal/Thrash, to which gave birth to what seems to be the current favorite around here - Death/Black Metal.

Funny how a guy that's impossible to get along with can change the world.

If not for Dave's "Yuck Fou" attitude, we'd all be pretty much content to listen to whatever Metallica puts out and call it fantastic, but Dave was always nipping at Metallica's heels trying to pass them, but pushing them harder and harder. When Megadeth went more pop than Metallica was with Risk, Lars knew Dave was no longer chasing them and they didn't have to keep going down that road.

I for one think Fender should have done whatever Dave asked - IMC/AMIC neglected their biggest LIVING endorsees like Robbin Crosby - the people besides Rhoads that put Jackson on the map, surpassing Charvel. There's no need to continue that kind of self-destructive behavior. Chris Holmes has sworn loyalty to Jackson, and do you think they'd give him a guitar today? Do you think they even know what band he played in? Yeah WASP wasn't as earth-shattering as Led Zeppelin or Metallica, but yippee! who gives a d!ck? They were just as good a band, and Chris is a great guitarist.

Newc
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go Newc!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] If not for Dave Mustaine, half the guitar players today would not being playing rhythm the way they do (James Hetfield is really the only one who helped develop that style and the only one who really can compare). Both are also pretty decent lead players, but their forte' is rhythm.
                And although Ellefson was with Mustaine since the beginning, I doubt he'd be back in the new Megadeth lineup. Mustaine already gave him his blessing and said it's only a business and that he would have no problem if he left and got the Metallica gig (there was a rumor about it after Newstead quit). If he does happen to come back, cool, but Mustaine is Megadeth!!! I am totally looking forward to new material from Dave and don't really care what kind of new guitar he's playing. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ May 20, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  And yet Dave's badass attitude is what made Megadeth AND evolved Heavy Metal from operatic Classically-inspired brain-music ala Iron Maiden/Judas Priest to Speed Metal/Thrash, to which gave birth to what seems to be the current favorite around here - Death/Black Metal.

Funny how a guy that's impossible to get along with can change the world.

If not for Dave's "Yuck Fou" attitude, we'd all be pretty much content to listen to whatever Metallica puts out and call it fantastic, but Dave was always nipping at Metallica's heels trying to pass them, but pushing them harder and harder. When Megadeth went more pop than Metallica was with Risk, Lars knew Dave was no longer chasing them and they didn't have to keep going down that road.

I for one think Fender should have done whatever Dave asked - IMC/AMIC neglected their biggest LIVING endorsees like Robbin Crosby - the people besides Rhoads that put Jackson on the map, surpassing Charvel. There's no need to continue that kind of self-destructive behavior. Chris Holmes has sworn loyalty to Jackson, and do you think they'd give him a guitar today? Do you think they even know what band he played in? Yeah WASP wasn't as earth-shattering as Led Zeppelin or Metallica, but yippee! who gives a d!ck? They were just as good a band, and Chris is a great guitarist.

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with you all the way Newc!!

Jackson really **** the bed by not honoring or making some kidn of agreements with those other great players. ESP has a million endorsees....99% I've never even heard of on their website. Without big dogs like Metallica, Lynch, Mustaine and a few others...they would have no credibility.

I would have loved to see a Crosby V, Holmes sig and a few others to honor those players and get some good sig models out there. Unfortunately though, I doubt that will ever happen.

Comment

Alexi left because he was misinformed that Jackson's would no longer be available to him - which was not true. By the time I was able to contact his management, ESP had already made him something. The sad thing for him is that now he's stuck playing ESP's - I could have made him several guitars by now.

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                    Alexi was a bad loss, and I don't particularly care for CoB very much.

Dave Mustaine? He's over the hill anyways... let him go to ESP. I don't think his newer material is even worthy to be played on a Jackson. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Newc, I saw Metallica open for WASP ... LOL! Yeah, I know who Chris Holmes is. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

> Do you think they even know what band he played > in?
                      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                        but this sudden return (minus the rest of the band) is mighty weak.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SUDDEN return? Uh, pull your head out, bro!

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
                          i have to say that megadeth is always going to be dave and dave, but the rip line was the best (imo)but i've got to ask , who is alexi and cob. i know i've been living in a hole so i don't know
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.childrenofbodom.com

check em out
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

"The quality and class of the company," Mustaine says, "is why I chose ESP."
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is such a load of crap. He's only doing it because he wants free guitars and he wants to get paid to play them. He isn't fooling anyone because his prime money-making years are behind him now and he's looking for new cash flows.

Doesn't matter anyway. His best years are behind him, and no matter what he does or how much of a b*tch to ESP he becomes, he will never change the fact that his best stuff was done on a Jackson. That's like endorsing Chevys after a career with winning races driving Fords.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Inazone:
                              but this sudden return (minus the rest of the band) is mighty weak.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SUDDEN return? Uh, pull your head out, bro!

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bah, what I'm trying to say is that, for a guy who needed to take time off due to an injury and/or to spend time with his family, it wasn't really that long. Maybe "sudden" isn't the right word, but Megadeth has taken longer breaks than this between albums, so to disband Megadeth to take a year off just seems strange...if those were the reasons behind it. If Dave didn't want to continue the band, why not just say "I'm ready to do something different" and be done with it?

A year isn't a long time, and considering that Dave's original statement was that doctors told him at least a year to recover, he seems to have picked up after almost exactly a year.
                              sigpic

Comment

is dave ellefson going to be in the band?
                                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                                X