Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

Originally posted by Snoogans:
    Hey,Gibson did Madonna a Les Paul
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think Madonna "did" the Les Paul. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man, I dunno about Jackson signing someone like Tremonti. I mean, yeah he's visible, but he sucks! Sign some guys that can really rip and keep the Jackson name synonymous with metal guitar for God's sake, PLEASE - not poser wannabees like Tremonti and CRUUD...oops CREED.

Try bands like SENTENCED and POISONBLACK, MASTERPLAN, RAWHEAD REXX, TAD MOROSE, PRIMAL FEAR, EVERGREY, EIDOLON, and PAGAN'S MIND. These are the types of bands that define metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian:
        Man, I dunno about Jackson signing someone like Tremonti. I mean, yeah he's visible, but he sucks! Sign some guys that can really rip and keep the Jackson name synonymous with metal guitar for God's sake, PLEASE - not poser wannabees like Tremonti and CRUUD...oops CREED.

Try bands like SENTENCED and POISONBLACK, MASTERPLAN, RAWHEAD REXX, TAD MOROSE, PRIMAL FEAR, EVERGREY, EIDOLON, and PAGAN'S MIND. These are the types of bands that define metal.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it was an example. and i'm not in the least bit fan of creed. however....i go back to my statement about visibility. take the madonna/britney statement.... one pic of a jackson with either of them in a magazine will get more exposure than the bands you listed.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Get Christina Aguilera to do another version of that Rolling Stone cover she did nekkid with the PRS. But give her a rhoads, which will cover much, much less [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I am by no means a Creed fan of any sort....actually I kinda hate them. However if you've heard him away from the band, you'd see he is actually much better than Creed. AND HE'S EVERYWHERE!
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

OK, Sully.. point well taken. I was just venting because I am so freaking tired of these crappy bands being force fed to the general American public. It's so frustrating when any of the bands I listed can smoke CREED from 100 paces with their eyes closed...

Comment

it's all good, brian, but as we know, the majority of music buyers don't give a rusty rat's ass how good the guitar player is.

and i second givin miss aguilera the rhoads photo shoot.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Miss Chriatina would be a good choice, but I think they should do a shoot with her and a rhoads, Shakira with a KV2, Jessica Simpson with a Warrior and Britney with a neck thru KEMG(wish list item)
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

McD - Thanks for the info on Chris Holmes - glad to see someone around there isn't dropping the ball like AMIC did with Robbin Crosby.
                    I guess they thought Rhoads was the only popular Jackson player?

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                      What owner of a $1200 Jackson King V or $1000 Gibson V is gonna be waiting to pay $2000 (or more) for ESP's copy of one?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe King Vs will go down in value now?
                      (So I can get one!) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hey Brian how bout Roope from Sinergy or did he go with esp too ? and these guys play Jackson and Fender and are gonna go on tour soon Roope played with em for they're last tour http://www.todieforlove.com/ check em out . //Steve

Comment

"Rusty rats ass" That is too funny [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you think back far enough when C/J's were popular. It was because
                          1:They were great guitars
                          2:They had big names that "SOLD TONS OF RECORDS"

If Fender/Jackson is going to get some of that magic back they are going to have to go after a big name who is selling tons of CDS not some cool underground guy that now one knows about but everyone this board says is great. Do I hate Creed , without a doubt but he would sell a ton of guitars. Get a big Nu-Metal guy, hell get a pop punk guy. But get some one quick.

[ May 23, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: skidd ]
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

why..why...why...

i'v played so many esp's and......they are ok...but a jackson would totally "rape" one...

why Dave why--
                            i will always love you though [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a totally different music scene now than it was in the 80's or 90's. Bands have a short lived shelf life and the only good guitar players are playing underground metal and country. Mustaine is lucky enough to have established himself as a guitar hero - name one from the 2000's! There aren't any, yet. Dimebag and Zakk Wylde are probably the only real influential guitar hero's that are still productive in the hard rock/metal scene that are in bands. Maybe Kirk Hammett too. It's just a different market.

Having said that, there are still some amazing guitar players out there - they're just not being covered in the Guitar Magazines (which are more about music news than musicians or music). Lamb of God put out an amazing record this year - all they get is a half page here, a half page there. There seemed to be a movement to convince guitar players that Tom Morello and the guy from Weezer were here to "save the day" - sorry, they're good, but not great.

If you're starting out playing guitar today, you're probably listening to a cd from 10 or more years ago for inspiration.... I remember walking into a guitar lesson with Killing Is My Business and the teacher got PISSED! "Why can't you learn Black Sabbath, this is too difficult..." Sorry dude, I need to know Rattlehead...

McD
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Why not Daron Malakian? Band sells a load of albums. I've seen numerous pics of him playing a Rhoads and he recently changed amp endorsements, why not guitar too.

Tremis

Comment

Working...
                                X