Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

Serj owns the 'Bird we showed at NAMM ...

Originally posted by tremis:
    Why not Daron Malakian? Band sells a load of albums. I've seen numerous pics of him playing a Rhoads and he recently changed amp endorsements, why not guitar too.

Tremis
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
      I have to admit When I got the 2002 catalogue, I'd heard of like 4 people in that photo montage on the inside covers. And I couldnt really care less that Johnny Asshat from Band X had a Jackson, cos I didnt know who the f*ck he was.

I dont see you Gibson fans moaning cos the lad in New Found Glory has a Les Paul etc.

Dave Mustaine went to ESP-get over it. Yeah I dont like his guitar, but there nothing much we can do about it.
      Jacksons might be seen in the hands of some crappy bands - get over it. It'll mean more growth etc for Jackson.

Just my views though.
      [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Jamesy
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by syrinx:
        [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Spelling, sir! Got to set an example for the JCFers, you know!
        ...followings as guitar whizzes.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ha ha Syrinx! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

The root word you want is "wiz" (short for wizard). Just say "heroes" or something. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Racer "I have to whiz" X
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the term "whiz", as in "whiz kid", denoting a prodigy in whatever field, has been in use in the English vernacular since the 1940s and is accepted usage in that spelling. Thus your correction is incorrect!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Dave Mustaine ripped me off! Not only the ToM/String-thru bridge configuration, but this thing has Sperzels, too. I made these mods to my KV-Pro years ago! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
            I mean all these people that play like one or two Jacksons, like Peter Lindgren with his RR1, or Jon Schaffer and his Kelly
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it was Larry Tarnowski who played a sparkle purple Jackson Kelly during his time with Iced Earth. He used to play an Ibanez RG550. Jon Schaffer is really more known for his devotion to Gibson and Taylor guitars, although he did used to play B.C. Rich guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
              http://www.espguitars.com/html/dv8_news.html
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it just me, or does it look like Dave is struggling to keep the corners of his mouth up? Is it the lack of the Kahler bridge that makes him sad? Plus, he's holding the guitar away from his body, as if it was just painted - or stinks really bad.
              [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I hope Dave is happy with his new guitar.

'bane

[ May 25, 2003, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

http://www.espguitars.com/html/dv8_news.html

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

I was wondering if they (referring to those "creative geniuses" at ESP of course) would rip off the Gibson V or the Jackson King V. To my comfort, they ripped both off. They'll probably charger as much as it'll cost to get both a Gibson and Jackson V, too.

Comment

Thanks Sully [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Its nice to get a bit of appreciation [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

LTD and BC Rich Platnum, Bronze and NJ series guitars should be on the shelves at Wal-Mart next to the First Act guitars. It all boils down to this, Little Johnny could care less if his new BC Rich Mick 7 Warlock sounds good or not. All he cares about is that Mick 7 is written all over it. If you make crappy guitars you need big names to sell them. Jackson's cheapest guitar in the current lineup out plays anything from BC Rich and ESP/LTD. LISTEN UP KIDS........

Comment

Playability means d!ck to most newbies - they want name-recognition first (I wanted a Les Paul because of Jimmy Page, and a Jackson because of Chris Holmes), so if their hero is playing an ESPee, they want an ESpee.

McD's right - it's not a talent show, it's a popularity contest.

Mr White - [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I disagree with you villaboos, I must say, there hasn't been a low end jackson that I have enjoyed playing [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . They seem very cheap to me, especially with the bolt-on necks. I have played many LTD's, and I have owned many as well. I must say, there are some crap LTD's(the BOTTOM line LTD's), but the ones that are $350 and up are excellent, especially for the budget player or a newb. I really love the options that they give you, and the guitars themselves look like high end models(depends on which ones). My USA KV2 and my LTD V-350 are just as good as each other. I have an 81/85 combo in both, and the main differences are set-neck and lic. floyd(LTD) and neck-thru, OFR(JAX). Besides the price range, I honestly can't tell a difference in each one. I like the KV2 because it is smaller, but the V-350 doesn't piss me off w/ the volume knob being in the way like the KV. LTD's aren't bad at all, give 'em a break. It doesn't have to be USA to be the best.

Comment

If integrity means having spandex-clad douchebags carrying around my guitars, I'll be a wh0re anyday. Integrity is just like anything else, it changes. While none of YOU may like any of the bands that are endorsed by other brands, at least people know who the f**k they are. Endorsements have precisely DICK to do with integrity and skill, and EVERYTHING to do with marketing. Endorsements are advertisements. They aren't a prize for being a good guitarist. They're a tool to get people to buy gear, plain and simple. You could give a USA Jackson to every killer guitarist in the country, and not sell a damn thing. Give a DX1 to some one-finger, drop-D, rap/metal twit whose band is on MTV and you'll sell them like crazy. You might not like it, but that's why you're not in charge of marketing.

*EDIT*

Gah, forgot to make this point. Integritry changes. One day integrity is signing as many shredders you can, the next it's signing as much flannel as you can, the next it's signing as much Adidas as you can. Insert that up in the main post somewhere. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ May 25, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

You say "Spandex-clad douchebags" like it's a BAD thing! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I agree with your post, though
                            I FONDLY remember the spandex-clad WENCHES of those beautiful late 80s! Times do change, and we can be nostalgic
                            but it's a different world now and Jackson needs to mix it up with ESP at least, if not Ibanez, to get some relevant endorsees. It's not just that they're letting old standbys move along,
                            it's that they don't seem to be snapping up Johnny Crotchrocket from the new big thing to sell more axes with. After all,
                            the Jackson fanatics of today may decide
                            they look silly with Jacksons when they're in their 50s and 60s, and start
                            buying Gibsons and Fenders. What then for Jackson? Buh bye?
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

LOL @ Black Mariah. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Also, LOL @ Sully's "Cranberry Corpse" endorser... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

McD said..."As far as Alexi goes, we gave him every opportunity to work with us, unfortunately, he'd already agreed to work with ESP - out of necessity. He needed guitars, and he needed them QUICK! He wasn't able to contact us - so he did what I think anyone would do. We all know what his first choice was ... artists should contact [email protected] - unless your band RULES, then contact me so I can hear it first !!! I'm trying to get some more bands on board - bands that are touring, or about to. Our AR Dept is also on the prowl.

Here's some of the new bands:
                                Superjoint Ritual, Grave, Goat*****, Evanescence, Nile, The Crown, Fear Factory ... there's a few more that I'm trying to get in touch with... give us time.

If you see someone playing our stuff, let me know - I'm one man with two eyes... I need the help!

McD out"

I just have to say I'm very pleased with Nile and The Crown being on the list. I hope to see Jacksons in the hands of all 4 guitarists and both bassists! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                                X