Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

McD, I've emailed you. It's really important, try getting back to me.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I think Jackson should look to branch out to other players outside of metal to endorse the guitars. Mark Knopfler would be a good candiate. His Pensa's were similar to modern Phil Collen models.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
        After all,
        the Jackson fanatics of today may decide
        they look silly with Jacksons when they're in their 50s and 60s, and start
        buying Gibsons and Fenders. What then for Jackson? Buh bye?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've actually found now that since I'm getting older (30), I appreciate the vintage look a little more than I used to, but I still won't give up my Jacksons. I never really cared that much for a Les Paul... they look cool, sound good, but I don't want to pay the sky-high price they're demanding. Hamer makes great vintage-looking guitars at a fraction of the price, so I'll stick with them if I'm in the market for something close to the Gibson sound. I also got a Fender Double Fat Strat a year and a half ago, but I can always change out the pickguard with two humbuckers for S/S/S, H/S/S, H/S/H or H/H/H for more versatility if needed (that's a big plus for some pickguard-equipped guitars). Jackson seems to have opened up their market a little more for the vintage player last year by adding the Swee-Tone line (Jazz'R, Archtop and Bent Top), and they're looking more and more appealing to me everyday, and I see one of those in my future, but I'll never abandon my pointy guitars. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ May 27, 2003, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Steve - Yes, Roope rules as well, although he is always going to be in Alexi's shadow, I'm afraid...

Jon Shaffer plays Les Pauls exclusively, although I WISH he played Jacksons! He could be a great torchbearer for Jackson, as ICED EARTH's popularity is gaining big time.

The difference between now and then is that in the 80's, it just so happened that most of the Jackson players were very talented! And other great upcoming players were, in turn, influenced by these 'forefathers' and chose to play Jacksons, thereby influencing US (the over 30 crowd, by majority) to want a Jackson. Nowadays, it's not that simple. The majority of kids (aspiring 'musicians') today could give a rat's arse about killer riffs, scales, modes and theory. It's not about talent anymore. They are more concerned about how many hip hop parts or angry lyrics they can fit into their songs...

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            Actually the term "whiz", as in "whiz kid", denoting a prodigy in whatever field, has been in use in the English vernacular since the 1940s and is accepted usage in that spelling. Thus your correction is incorrect! [/QB]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It dates back as far as the 1910s according to the Oxford English Dictionary. And yes, "whiz" is the correct spelling.

Comment

The "grail" of guitars, the Gibson Les Paul flametop was initially marketed to and bought by Jazz musicians. Fender Stratocaster and Telecaster's of the 50's were marketed to and bought by Country musicians. It should be encouraged to get as many major guitar players regardless of musical styles to give Jackson guitars exposure and to gain appreciation by a larger number of people.

Comment

Working...
              X