Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

Originally posted by Inazone:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Inazone:
    but this sudden return (minus the rest of the band) is mighty weak.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SUDDEN return? Uh, pull your head out, bro!

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bah, what I'm trying to say is that, for a guy who needed to take time off due to an injury and/or to spend time with his family, it wasn't really that long. Maybe "sudden" isn't the right word, but Megadeth has taken longer breaks than this between albums, so to disband Megadeth to take a year off just seems strange...if those were the reasons behind it. If Dave didn't want to continue the band, why not just say "I'm ready to do something different" and be done with it?

A year isn't a long time, and considering that Dave's original statement was that doctors told him at least a year to recover, he seems to have picked up after almost exactly a year.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's the same BS line we were fed by Metallica... Jason is leaving after more than 14 years in the band because of neck and back injuries from the years of heavy touring. Interesting how Jason is now playing in Voivod, thrashing around in their latest video... Voivod is playing Ozzfest, and Jason's doing double duty in both Voivod and Ozzy's touring band (kind of ironic that his replacement was in Ozzy's band for awhile and is now his replacement in Metallica, huh?) Looks like Jason's injury was pretty serious, huh? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Why can't people just tell their fans the truth anymore?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

First, none of us know whether Dave or Jason were really injured or not. If you
      have PROOF, let's see it. Second, your body DOES heal from injuries, and a year and a half for Dave, or a year for Jason,
      is not unreasonable healing time for such
      injuries.

Dave isn't a wallflower; he says what he thinks. Jason, if he wasn't injured, couldn't really say he left because James
      and Lars are control freaks bleeding the
      life out of the band, could he? Wouldn't
      seem grateful after getting a dream job for 14 years, but maybe the guy wants to write. What's wrong with that?

Nobody ever tells the truth when a band loses or gains a member. A bland neutral
      press release gets posted, then the rumors leak from both camps a while later. Rail against that, you may as well rail that the sun doesn't rise from
      the south.

Comment

blah blah blah Am I the only one who could care less about Dave Mustaine anymore? I don't even like to listen to my Megadeth albums because I think of him...he is a douche bag. Let him play the wanna-be and go to ESP like James and Kirk did so many years ago. He must thrive in the dark because he will forever live in their shadows!!!

Comment

You think about Dave when you listen to Megadeth records? And that makes you not want to listen to them? Gee, that must be tough.

I can sort of sympathize, though... I don't like to listen to Metallica records anymore because all I can think about is how much money Kirk must spend on batteries for his wah-wah pedal.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

The whole purpose of this forum is blah blah blah! If you don't like the subject
            just click on a thread you DO like. There are plenty of them here.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
              blah blah blah Am I the only one who could care less about Dave Mustaine anymore?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then why post on this thread? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Who says we're NOT working with Chris Holmes?

Originally posted by Dave:
                McD: So do you guys have any surprises for namm in regards to endorsers?

Typically, how long would an ESP contract last?

That’s sh!tty if Alexi was miss informed cuz the guy liked Jackson in a bad way.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

As far as Alexi goes, we gave him every opportunity to work with us, unfortunately, he'd already agreed to work with ESP - out of necessity. He needed guitars, and he needed them QUICK! He wasn't able to contact us - so he did what I think anyone would do. We all know what his first choice was ... artists should contact [email protected] - unless your band RULES, then contact me so I can hear it first [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !!! I'm trying to get some more bands on board - bands that are touring, or about to. Our AR Dept is also on the prowl.

Here's some of the new bands:
                  Superjoint Ritual, Grave, Goat*****, Evanescence, Nile, The Crown, Fear Factory ... there's a few more that I'm trying to get in touch with... give us time.

If you see someone playing our stuff, let me know - I'm one man with two eyes... I need the help!

McD out

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
                  Hey McD - J/C HQ, I know you can't say much on the issue but are Jackson taking any steps to get Alexi back after his current contract with ESP expires (however long that is). Also, when it comes to playability do you think Alexi had them do a neck that was similar to the Jackson neck rather than that god-awfull neck shape ESP has?

BTW, how can a player contact you about getting a deal of some sort? I'm not saying me, but if someone wanted to get into talkes with Jackson who's the man to email or contact?

Comment

Expect some interesting stuff in your inbox latger McD.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Nile !!!!!

Comment

Onward's an up and coming power metal band from Vegas and they kick ass. You should get in touch with them, their lead guitar player even has a solo album out on Shrapnel.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

hey mcd, what's with the guy from evanescence? rumor that he went with esp, too?

sully

PS any plans of makin that RR "original sin" ad into a poster that we can get??? PLLLEEEEESE????

[ May 22, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey Jsully! Actually, I mentioned the poster a few days ago (some asked about it - was it you?) - I haven't heard back... it would rule though!

Ben Moody is a 100% Jackson guy! We are making him a Custom right now...

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                            hey mcd, what's with the guy from evanescence? rumor that he went with esp, too?

sully

PS any plans of makin that RR "original sin" ad into a poster that we can get??? PLLLEEEEESE????

Comment

Hey Sully, they are gonna be remodeling the vp GC...Screw the poster...get the whole wall, haha.

Comment

Is Ellefson With him? I thought He and Friedman were touring together?

Comment

Working...
                                X