Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

yeah brian, that was me that was askin for it, and jeremy, what a smashing idea! i'll come get the wall, and we'll have some ncb.... oh man...ginger chicken....

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Now your talkin!! Just dont tell Gil, he wants the wall too.

Comment

Grave and Nile !!! Wow that's very cool, both are great bands. Especially the new grave reunion album is great. Good to see those bands are getting Jacksons.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

What... is... happening... with... the... Jason... Becker... tribute... guitar...?
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Something tells me that Dave's ESP will be as nice as his Jackson. You might not like it because you are biased to Jackson, but all that matters is that he digs it. I wouldn't run out and buy either one.

Comment

I may not like it because once again ESP sought to undermine Jackson to taking Jackson artists with knock-offs of Jackson guitars. It reminds me of Microsoft out to bury the competition with it's many clones of competing software (anyone who thinks they invented Windows is highly mistaken). The only thing we can count on with ESP's Mustaine-V is that it won't be anything inspiringly original. What owner of a $1200 Jackson King V or $1000 Gibson V is gonna be waiting to pay $2000 (or more) for ESP's copy of one?

Comment

my money says the jason becker thing won't happen. while a touching tribute, it makes less sense than the jackson polka dot flying Vs.

my ideas for endorsees is probably a common sense, yet probably unpopular here; get some mainstream bands. guys that are in bands whose logos can be easily read. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] get household names....people that make it on mtv, etc, and sell records to more than a niche market. not schnurgen von fluegn from cranberry corpse.

sully

[ May 23, 2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Jackson's gonna do polka dot Vs again? Or are you talking about the old series, Sully?

Comment

nah, the old ones...with the "no gibson shape" policy, that ain't gonna be likely to happen again.

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey McD,

How about a guy like John Petrucci from Dream Theater? That would certainly turn some heads.

New Household names like Disturbed, Godsmack, and shoot me for saying this Creed (I know, I Know, but Travani is actually pretty good) and I would definately be going after Dimebag Darryl formerly of Pantera now from New Found Power just to name a few.

And how about a swag endorsement for guys like me who are in working (cover) bands that get a lot of public attention. The weekend warriors that already have a bunch of (10)Jacksons, swear by them, and would shamelessly wear your logo EVERY SHOW..... Every weekend. I've sold more people on Jacksons than AMIC did....lol
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Nile would definitely be a great name to have on board. They aren't for everyone of course, but in the death metal world, they're extremely respected. Fear Factory? Are they still active, minus Dino? The Crown are pretty good, and I know one of their guitarists has been playing Jacksons for quite some time already. If you get into some of the other genres, I believe that one of the guitarists from Boy Sets Fire is or was playing a Model-series Charvel of some sort on tour.

I'm pretty much into metal myself, but I've been to some shows where harcore bands were opening for metal acts and vice versa, and there are TONS of kids coming to these shows. A lot of the bands are really young and probably haven't caught the eye of the guitar industry yet, but judging by their beat-to-hell old Gibsons and Strats, they could use some new gear.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                          Fear Factory? Are they still active, minus Dino?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, they broke up for a brief period, got back together and didn't call Dino. I read a little article with Dino in some magazine not too long ago, and he was a little upset, but it seems he's got quite a few other projects to work on.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Bands we should try to get:
                            Adagio - Great prog band from Europe, their guitarist Stephan Forte is known as a great virtuoso.
                            Andromeda - Same as above
                            Dragonforce - Power metal/Speed metal band from England who's rhythm play already plays Jacksons.
                            Masterplan - All star power/prog band. Guitarist Roland Grapow (ex Helloween) is already a Fender player.
                            Nevermore - Need I say more?
                            Old Man's Child - Common, Galder already plays Jacksons.
                            Onward

And some solo artists to drive the shredders insane (much like Rusty Cooley's doing now).
                            Al Pitrelli
                            Alex Masi
                            Andrew Bordoni - Great new talent
                            George Bellas - Incredible player!
                            Greg Howe - Need I say more?
                            Marco Ferrigno - Great player, very similar to Bellas
                            Steve Smyth - Testament's lead player, insane shredder too.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

there's a list!!! yet consider this...granted, it would never happen; mark tremonti. he's 10x as visible as your list, imo....

a couple of big name guys would really help.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey,Gibson did Madonna a Les Paul, so how about Britney? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X